F1 2010 R&D Goals

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
This is for the Xbox, but I get the target R&D time for every practice session and I do not get an achievement or anything for my efforts. I'm the number two driver within the team and I know I do not set up the development cycle for the squad but I am not able to get the achievement. Brilliant site glad I found it thanks!

got a q about choosing 'agressive' R&D path: I've done 3 races now in my 2nd season, and haven't gotten any R&D objectives. It's not the 'bug' that you complete it and it doesn't show up, I just don't get an R&D objective in practice sessions. It's really hurting my lap times in quali not having the fast engine mapping.

Anyone know when R&D starts in the season when choosing 'agressive'? Does it give a significant package upgrade rather than engine mappings first? I remember in my first season with Lotus I got engine mapping R1D already at the 2nd GP.

Only thing I noticed was during the loading I goit a tips screen saying my brake responsitivity has been increased by 10%, but I didn't have to do any r&d for it.

It seems they randomly give upgrades without having to perform any test.

In my season 2 with STR, they just slap me with some upgrades without needing to perform any. But mainly is on brake and some downforce improvement.

But ya, without the mapping option really hurts alot.

I'm in Season 2 with Lotus and had R&D objectives in China for engine mapping. I completed them BUT I did re start a session to work on setups. I don't have the fast mapping yet and have just completed Monaco- Strange. I did get 10% improvement in braking friction material and 20% downforce improvement.
I would like that fast throttle setting.

starting in my third season, now im my fourth, i havent been getting the upgrades. i think i did the engine mapping for fast about four times in season three and never got it. doing it for the second time this season. anyone know why? never change engines or skip session, usually always pole and the win.

starting in my third season, now im my fourth, i havent been getting the upgrades. i think i did the engine mapping for fast about four times in season three and never got it. doing it for the second time this season. anyone know why? never change engines or skip session, usually always pole and the win.

i noticed that sometimes theres a bug wiht the R&D... i'm doing long weekends and this is what i usually do: P1 check R&D target time, do the laps, achieve target time, continue with practice into P2... checkl target time, go to load my set up, check R&D target again... IF THE TIME CHANGE, RESTART SESION. and that's it... if by any chance the target time change during you loading your set up or watching your monitor, do a restart. maybe the target time will be the same in P2 and P3 but you'll have your upgrade at the end of the day!!!

good luck!

The target time changes depending on what assists you use, and what your difficulty settings are. Also when you change tyres... A faster time is expected on the option tyre than the prime, and this is reflected in the target time.

Here's how i understand ti all works:

Balanced / Intermediate / Aggressive
Selecting this effects the order you get your upgrades. In aggressive mode you get the more aggressive updates first. E.g in season 2 in aggressive i didn't get 'cruise' mode for my engine til Hockenheim.
Where as in season 1 on balanced i got it much earlier. Also on aggressive R&D got off to a VERY slow start, didn't get anything til i hit Europe races really.

Upgrades and R&D
You have EXACTLY the same upgrades from season to season, there is NO difference, except maybe in the order you get them (so after 4 seasons you DON'T have 80% extra downforce sorry).

Tiers for performance
What effects the cars performance from season to season is the Tier it is in.
There are 5 tiers for each car.
1 being the best, 5 the worst
Each car has different values for each tier. Which changes the handling and engine power.

So what is actually happening is your car is moving up a tier, and getting better handling and power. You still have exactly the same upgrades to bolt on during the season and improve the car WITHIN it's current tier but they don't carry over.
In effect your just doing the 2010 season 7 times in a 7 season career.

Here's a nice chart by Steve Stoop that explains it all.
http://www.racedepartment.com/f1-2010-game/52057-do-new-teams-improve-each-season.html

You will notice that Lotus is the best starting car, and you can also get it very competitive in tier 1, your only 5 horse power behind the big 3!
Red Bull are down on engine power once they drop out of tier 1.
Force India have great horse power in all tiers (shame bout the pit bug for em)

Andy
From what you are saying the car (by moving up a tier in performance and handling) does in a quasi effect keep "its upgrades".
Further upgrades are earned each season but it would then be quicker in season 2 than season 1 etc eventually becoming a tier 1 car? Or am I missing something?

heres my take on R&D
i did 5 season ,all as ToroRosso.and now I'm doing 7 starting with virgin.
as a #2 driver youre teammate does R&D and then you do some as the season progresses.as a #1 driver you get more R&D to do and as you complete objectives,(R&D , qual and race) then you advance.R&D is only done in practice.I always check on my teammate and thats when Rob tells you that they are trying something on his car.and if he completes it then you get it next race.
the biggest difference i noticed between aggressive and the others is in aggressive you might get 5% or 10% where as in balanced it might be 0.5% or so.
towards the end of the season (i got it 2 races to go one season and 1 race to go another) it will ask you about the direction of the R&D for next season.it'll just be the R&D page comes up when you first get to the garage and then you can select which path to take.if you dont select it then you wont get a chance til next season.

Andy
From what you are saying the car (by moving up a tier in performance and handling) does in a quasi effect keep "its upgrades".
Further upgrades are earned each season but it would then be quicker in season 2 than season 1 etc eventually becoming a tier 1 car? Or am I missing something?

Yh from what i've seen and understand, the Tier system would of course give the 'illusion' that your upgrades have carried over to next season as the car has improved (of course depends on i think your constructor placing which decides the tiers, so as long as you finish in a higher position for a tier, then car will improve).
But as far as seeing different upgrades in R&D, you don't. I see exactly the same ones.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back