F1 2012 R&D Bug Workaround

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
After 7 patches and still no fix i wonder if anyone know some kind of workaround to solve this problem.
Sometimes when the enginer says that the R&D has failed, i guess its a "feature" but when you complete the test and he doesn't tell you anything on the practice or qualy, im sure its the "Bugmasters R&D feature".
On season 2 i had 2 upgrades that worked, after the second everytime i had and upgrade it was an R&D test and i didn't got any new part by the end of the season. Now first R&D with Lotus and no game, haven't even saved my game this time.
So, if anyone knows how to avoid this problem, please, say it here! :thumbsup:

Here it is: :thumbsup:

1.) Do the R&D test
2.) Drive in to the garage, do not PAUSE-->RETURN TO GARAGE
3.) Do not set anymore laps, as setting laps faster than laps you set during the R&D objective seems to make you not get the R&D upgrade.
4.) Do not skip the session - fast forward it to the end.

I've tried it, for the first time haven't worked, not upgrade success/failure, but at the second R&D i did the same test and it worked. Maybe it really helps.

This works for me. I did it in two races in the first season and worked.Thank you man.

Thank you Roberto Costa you made some Hard work in CM forums and got what all we want
Thanks Kartik, and thanks to everyone who also asked for a fix.:thumbsup:
After 3 years and CM making the game with the same bug, just unacepptable. Finally a fix!
I just hope it works! :D
Also TheHoodedClaw, user in CM forums helped a lot, he did some boring tests, a lot of tests and got some good conclusions. Even if the fix is not so good, theres a good info for us to avoid the bug :D

Just to confirm!
Its indeed fixed!
Had a test at Catalunya and the objectives were bugged, they were not alligned (happens when the bug starts), my scheduled test was a brakes test and i had an engine test because the bug started on my previous test , but, its really fixed, now even with the objectives not aligned i started qualyfing and on lap 3 the engineer told me the part failed. So its working again!
Thanks guys!!! CM finally fixed it!

Topher is right, that's how it's working. All fine, not a bug. :)
Tophercheese

Today sees patch #12 available on Steam for PC versions of F1 2012.

This update addresses the following issue:
  • After completing an R&D objective the upgrade was not applied to the car and the same objective would have to be completed again at a subsequent race weekend.

So you two stop arguing with me, when i say theres a bug, its because theres a bug! :mad:

Just kidding guys:roflmao::roflmao:

But now im really happy that CM fixed it. I had gave up my career because of this, but after a test today, its working good as it supposed to. Time to play career mode again!
Only bad part is that "looks like" cm is not going to fix it on consoles, i play on pc, but man, thats not fair with console users.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 90 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 123 26.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 80 17.0%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 8.9%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 47 10.0%
  • €3001-5000