R/C Racing

i have a 1:10 4 wheel drive touring car, i don't compete with it, i only take it ocassionaly for a spin on a track near my house, i haven't used it in a while because i haven't had time for it, but i will use it in this week or the other since i have time to dedicate to it.

I have a 1/10, 4wd, nitro, truck. It's not really a monster truck; kinda like a truggy but only in 1/10 scale.
Haven't used that much because i have to fix the front end differential after a crash... :whistling:

Yeah sure.. Why not combine my 2 greatest hobbies on 1 site.. That way I have no life anymore at all lol :p :p

Anyway, my "toys":

This is a very small car. Had some amazing fun with it, after building an indoor racetrack for it with christmas lighting hose. Will look for a picture of that. Did timetrials with this one. So nothing serious.
skylineaansteker.jpg
skylineinlader.jpg

Then we go a little bigger :) This is a M18 (scale 1:18). 4 wheel drive, around 25 - 30 Km/hr (guestimate). Should have a driving movie around somewhere. Will see if I can find that.

img1922jw.jpg

Used this one to walk the dog :) He LOVES running after it, and although he is not as quick as the car is, he still get's it from time to time. Look at the bitemarks in the spoiler :)
img1852sd.jpg

Then we have a real oldy. Car is from around 1980's or something. A real classic by now. Doesn't run very fast, but keeps going no matter what the terrain looks like. Unbelievable strong, seen the time it was build.

offroad1n.jpg

offroadrv.jpg

There is 1 more offroader @ home, which is a bit more new, and a lttle faster ;) (45 km/hr, GPS speed, and it goes that fast on sand, grass, tarmac, or whatever :) I have no pictures of that one here.

Then we have the real deal :) Scale 1:10, 3.5cc Nitro engine, 2 speed auto transmission, and driving speed around 65 km/hr (measured on GPS). Should have a movie about this one somewhere as well. Will look for that also.

hpiopen1.jpg

hpiskylinerv1.jpg

hpiskylinela.jpg

hpiskylineov.jpg

Painting job has been done by @Remco de Wildt :).

Good this topic sticks with r/c racing only, otherwise I would have needed some more posts :p :p

Used to be massively into this, for about a year or two until I discovered motocross and karting...

Had a 1/10th Tamiya Thundershot and it was pretty quick.
Did a few races with it but never won anything.

Would love to have a go again, if nothing else, just building and painting the thing was loadsa fun!
If I didn't have to work for a living I'd have a tinker again I guess. It's just finding somewhere to go to race them that is the problem in my area...

Very nice Dennis! You still fly, or is this just history ;)

I have sold my plane (a normal fuel powered trainer plane) a while back, but still have my little helicopter laying around. When all my other stuff is fixed and renovated again, I will surely get that one going again as well!

My primairy field is not cars as well. I like boats a lot also. At this moment working on the Robbe Dusseldorf. Fully functional offcourse, with working monitors, search light, crane and remote controlled safety boat :).

Marco, I fly just about every week. These F3B planes are my favorites, they rule the skies but I also fly r/c combat a few times a year and while controline flying is so out of date, I still have two ready to go. I spent the last ten years mentoring local youths in modelling and free flight planes were what we used with them. I flew them a long time ago but while working with them I built and flew many more.

Indoor track racing

This one is not so much car related, but more powerboating ;) Reason I posted it, is for the first 20 seconds. How freaking nice to see a real, proper working V8, on model scale.
I have seen it for real, and it looks awesome, and sounds even better. Shall see if I can find a better video of it.

And last, a little drag racing :)

Thats me doing some ancient coastal castle cruising with my electric glider fitted with a GoPro cam, im in the process of building another plane which will send live video out to me on the ground but my real goal is to get my helicopter fitted out for video too, must get those damned tail vibes ironed out first....

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back