1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Win a £4,500 Vesaro Racing Rig! Click here for more information.

Qustion re. AI skill and fallibility

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Bahger, Oct 24, 2012.

1. I came to this great sim as a very experienced sim driver eager to race against competent AI again. Certainly I got my wish at Interlagos in the F3 car, possibly even more than I wished for in fact: at the default 95% competence setting, the AI laps in the 1:34s to my 1:36s, and never makes mistakes. I'm wondering: unless you guys are all super-fast, what do you set the AI to? There's no point my racing the AI if they have 2 sec on me every lap.

My other question is: The AI seem less quick in race practice than in the Test Day module. As a long-time GTR2 user, I know there are quirks with this engine as far as AI performance is concerned, i.e. insanely fast AI in practice, slower and more fallible in race/quals.

I may have to swallow my pride and dial down the AI but before I do, can anyone comment? I'd appreciate it.

2. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota
    Sriple Tix Premium Member

My best time in Interlagos with F3 is 1.31.5xx (as I can see in my game profile) and I know, a lot of guys can easily drive much faster than me. So I guess, AI pace is normal for 95%.

3. Hmm, then I guess I need practice.