1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Qustion re. AI skill and fallibility

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Bahger, Oct 24, 2012.

1. I came to this great sim as a very experienced sim driver eager to race against competent AI again. Certainly I got my wish at Interlagos in the F3 car, possibly even more than I wished for in fact: at the default 95% competence setting, the AI laps in the 1:34s to my 1:36s, and never makes mistakes. I'm wondering: unless you guys are all super-fast, what do you set the AI to? There's no point my racing the AI if they have 2 sec on me every lap.

My other question is: The AI seem less quick in race practice than in the Test Day module. As a long-time GTR2 user, I know there are quirks with this engine as far as AI performance is concerned, i.e. insanely fast AI in practice, slower and more fallible in race/quals.

I may have to swallow my pride and dial down the AI but before I do, can anyone comment? I'd appreciate it.

2. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota
    Sriple Tix Premium Member

My best time in Interlagos with F3 is 1.31.5xx (as I can see in my game profile) and I know, a lot of guys can easily drive much faster than me. So I guess, AI pace is normal for 95%.

3. Hmm, then I guess I need practice.