F1 2011 Quitting a multiplayer race to save your rank

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
This really frustrates me.

Last night I was on a 20% race, which had already had a qualifying session. There were 14 online users I think.

I had fought from being 18 to 5th with no penalty, while all around me were bashing others off the track. Some destroying their cars.

As I approached the finish line, about 5 of the 6 remaining drivers logged off as they realised their rank would be affected. What cowards. Result - connection failure as I don't think there was anybody left in the race! I know for a fact my internet connection didn't go down.

There should be a rule that once you complete 50% of the race then you can't disconnect.

With the terrible and bugged penalty system, the new ranking function comes out as an unfair feature. I've lost so much XP due to failing the stupid objective because of some shmuck who drove me off the track, etc. Wish they'd go back to the previous rank method.

Ranking systems are so 1990. Its a racing game that simulates Live the Life right? Do you see Maldonado or Trulli escape a race when they are falling back to the end of the grid?

This whole XP and ranking system is exactly the stuff I don't like and why F1 2011 can't be qualified as a real simulator.

I don't mind that other people are enjoying such rankings, but at least it should be a optional feature to switch it off completely.

It's the same as many other games with ranking systems. Intential disconnections should be punished, but unintentional ones (especially given the connectivity issues) should not be. I personally think all disconnected players should be ranked as if they had retired at that point in the race.

I totally agree with everything that's been said, but it would be nice to be able to at least have the option to quit the game and take whatever XP penalty has been awarded. For example...I have just finished a Q&R 20% session on Kuala Lumpur where I crashed out on turn 3 (lap 1). It was always going to be my last race of the evening and it would have been nice to make my apologies, leave the lobby, and go to bed. However, knowing that quitting is tantamount to cheating, I waited until the race had finished some 20 minutes later.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to retire from a session, take the XP penalty, and have the DNF show up in your stats?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back