F1 2011 Quick setup gearbox issue or not?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi there!
So in quick setups when i choose any of these quick setup it seems that only the suspension and wing angles are changing but the gearbox setups don't. So for example I get the same top speed with the full dry and full wet setups with DRS opened. The only difference that I experience is on the grip level. But i can change gears at the same speeds in any setup. Is that a bug or not? Anyone experiencing the same?
Thanks for any reply!

I have the same issue. The only thing that the quick setup changes is the values of the front and rear wing. Nothing else.

Edit: I had to reinstall to check this and the quick setup changes pretty much everything but the gearbox in 2010. Wings, Breaks, Balance, Suspension and Alignment all get changed to fit the preset. Gearbox and engine stays the same.

Might be that the presets in 2011 are missing or something.

So, I just opened the database.bin file with ryder25's database editor and I compared the quick setups tab with the F1 2010's quick setups tab. In 2010 there was a unique setup for every weather situation in every tab of the setups, in 2011 there is the same value in every tab except the wing angles.That means the setups are not even included in the game.
So, there are two option:
1. They forgot or they somehow accidentally left out the setups from the game.
2. They left them out for a reason, maybe that was their way to make the handling harder in this game than in 2010.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 350 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 484 39.0%