quick server question

online seems to be a bit hit and miss for me and my friends ie some people can get into a hosted game some cant
We changed the host and then the people that were in the original game could not get in but the people that could not get into the original hosted event managed to get in
any suggestions would be great
thanks
paul

As I read it now, you have 2 groups.
Group 1 could join the original hosted game, but had troubles joining the second one.
Group 2 could not join the original hosted game, but could join the second server.

That leaves me with 1 question. Am i correct to assume that the first server was hosted by someone from group 1, and the second server by someone from group 2?

It seems like a mismatch in versions of tracks or game. Check if all the race game's have the same version number (open Race07, in the main menu, look in the bottom of the screen for actual version).
Further, make sure everyone has the same track or mod installed.

thanks for your reply there is only one group
for example there was 10 of our last night, one of the ten (lets call him player 1 ) hosted a race out of the 9 that tried to join the race
5 players could, the rest could not - so we switched host player and had the same problem, but this time only three players could;not join, we went through the entire group ( as hosts) with exactly the same problem - some drivers could join sound could not, but the strange thing s that different drivers could or could not join different hosts
paul

Hmm. Had some initial problems using the dedicated server software via steam initially.

Forwarded all ports needed and made sure my firewall rules were allowed. Also created a service(netgear router) for race both in and outbound and had no problems since. Granted there's only 3 of us using it for practice and the odd race but never had problems getting in since.

Are ya hosting from within the game or using the dedicated server.(second option is best)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back