1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick Release JZ G25

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by menacegtr, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Ok i am just wandering if anyone out there can give me a piece of advise.

I have the Quick Release JZ G25 for my G25 not the G27.
    Now what i would like to know is, would a G27 rim fit on to my Quick release JZ G25, just the rim and the paddles?
    What it is, i ordered another quick release from Simulaje but it has the G27 connector on the end. My system has the smaller G25 connection as i do not have a G27. I contacted Simulaje about it and they said they would send me out a G25 harness. So in the meantime i am about to bid on a damaged G27 wheel base only plus the rim which i just want the rim and paddles.
    So if i connect the G27 rim to my G25 will i see it with all the extra buttons? or will i have to install the G27 drivers? Umm i am not sure if it will work, not forgetting it will be running of my G25 base and pedals. Any advice please. :)
  2. I don't think you will get the extra buttons because they should be connected to the g27 board (which is the one with 6 buttons). But trying won't harm no one!
  3. Yes that's what i will be doing, plugging the G27 board into my quick release through my G25, but will i need the G27 drivers for it
  4. I guess that if you use the g27 board it will detect it as a g27, yes. And probably will work fine because I think it's just the same wheel with more buttons...
  5. PicoBp

#26 | HSRC - Banzaaaiii Touring Car Crew Premium Member

You won't be able to use the extra buttons. On a basic level the G25 and G27 are the same boards, but spread out the buttons differently. What you see as extra 4 buttons on the G27 are used on the G25 for the sequential shifter (sequential on/sequential off/shift up/shift down). There's no way to make the wheel recognize more buttons than it's capable of.