Quick Release JZ G25

Ok i am just wandering if anyone out there can give me a piece of advise.

I have the Quick Release JZ G25 for my G25 not the G27.
Now what i would like to know is, would a G27 rim fit on to my Quick release JZ G25, just the rim and the paddles?
What it is, i ordered another quick release from Simulaje but it has the G27 connector on the end. My system has the smaller G25 connection as i do not have a G27. I contacted Simulaje about it and they said they would send me out a G25 harness. So in the meantime i am about to bid on a damaged G27 wheel base only plus the rim which i just want the rim and paddles.
So if i connect the G27 rim to my G25 will i see it with all the extra buttons? or will i have to install the G27 drivers? Umm i am not sure if it will work, not forgetting it will be running of my G25 base and pedals. Any advice please. :)

Ok i am just wandering if anyone out there can give me a piece of advise. I have the
Quick Release JZ G25 for my G25 not the G27. Now what i would like to know is, would a G27 rim fit on to my Quick release JZ G25, just the rim and the paddles? What it is, i ordered another quick release from Simulaje but it has the G27 connector on the end. My system has the smaller G25 connection as i do not have a G27. I contacted Simulaje about it and they said they would send me out a G25 harness. So in the meantime i am about to bid on a damaged G27 wheel base only plus the rim which i just want the rim and paddles. So if i connect the G27 rim to my G25 will i see it with all the extra buttons? or will i have to install the G27 drivers? Umm i am not sure if it will work, not forgetting it will be running of my G25 base and pedals. Any advice please
I don't think you will get the extra buttons because they should be connected to the g27 board (which is the one with 6 buttons). But trying won't harm no one!

Upvote 0
Yes that's what i will be doing, plugging the G27 board into my quick release through my G25, but will i need the G27 drivers for it
I guess that if you use the g27 board it will detect it as a g27, yes. And probably will work fine because I think it's just the same wheel with more buttons...

Upvote 0
You won't be able to use the extra buttons. On a basic level the G25 and G27 are the same boards, but spread out the buttons differently. What you see as extra 4 buttons on the G27 are used on the G25 for the sequential shifter (sequential on/sequential off/shift up/shift down). There's no way to make the wheel recognize more buttons than it's capable of.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back