Quick question for you Drifters...

Keith Gregg

CAUTION - SLOW VEHICLE
Is it possible to do 'donuts' in Assetto?...if so...how?...what is the technique?...I am assuming you would need brakes fully to the front or something.
Sorry for the silly question I just saw someone do one in a movie and wondered if it was possible :)
Cheers

Do you mean donuts like this?

Pretty easy in AC (with a RWD/AWD car), turn the wheel and mash the throttle while in first gear, you shouldn't need to do any kind of setup for it.
HaHa...yup...thanks :)
I'm pretty sure I've seen them do these at the end of an F1 race...but I may be thinking of the Superbikes...not sure...anyways...guess what I'll be trying tonight lol.
Cheers

They occasionally happen in F1, but extremely rare and there's a possibility they get fined for doing it. But when you've won your fourth WDC on the trot, it's worth the fine. ;)

In contrast, they are almost mandatory at the end of any NASCAR event.

And they occasionally happen in IndyCar, but still pretty rare.

I think part of the problem for F1 drivers is they're trying to keep all the weight on the car that they can. Don't they try to drive over debris on the in lap to add as much weight as they can because they're so marginal on weight? They might also damage the car by revving the engine and not having any air flowing over the radiators, that's why if you do see it it's at the end of the last race where it doesn't matter any more.

I think part of the problem for F1 drivers is they're trying to keep all the weight on the car that they can. Don't they try to drive over debris on the in lap to add as much weight as they can because they're so marginal on weight? They might also damage the car by revving the engine and not having any air flowing over the radiators, that's why if you do see it it's at the end of the last race where it doesn't matter any more.

Yep, exactly, the team discourages it because it's bad for the car and the post-race inspection. Plus the FIA seems to frown on it and often threaten a fine when it happens.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 356 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%