1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Quick question - can you turn off the cockpit blur effect thingy?

Discussion in 'Project CARS' started by yellowpinkie, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Hi all

when using the in-car view I don't want it to intermittently blur the interior. Is that a setting we'll be able to switch off?

thanks

Ric

2. Yes you can turn off motion blur when in Helmet Cam. Since the UI has changed a bit don't ask me where to locate it. However I am sure someone will point it out for you.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I believe it's a sub-menu in the "Cameras" section.

4. Options & Help - Camera - Movement - Helmet Depth of Field = No

5. Yeah, that's buried pretty deep.

Between the movement and trying to find how to disable it you can get pretty dizzy. :sick:

6. Thanks for your replies. Are we talking about the same thing tho? Doesn't motion blur refer to the peripheral view of the track? I'm talking about the cockpit interior going blurry at high speeds when in interior and helmet views.

7. You are using helmet view when that happens. It's supposed to do that (it's a gameplay feature). Switch to cockpit view. They are two different perspectives in pCars.

• Like Like x 1
  8. So it doesn't do it in ordinary cockpit view?

9. It shouldn't. Cockpit and Helmet view have very similar perspectives but SMS applies different effects that can be adjusted for "Helmet View". You can control the degree of "look to apex", FOV, etc. The menus are pretty deep and some things could seem hidden. Explore them well. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  10. Will do. In May. Hopefully...

11. nice! I like that SMS seems to allowing so many player options to customize the game experience. I am looking foward to the May release, too!
    :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yes this is correct. My earlier post is how to disable that feature. Really it's not a motion blur feature so to say as it only blurs the instrument cluster in certain scenarios. Motion Blur would be dealing with the speed at which you are moving through the virtual environment for side vision effect.

SMS insisted the feature be on by default since most likely if it wasn't no one would know about it.
    AFM I like a static cockpit view and never use the Helmet cam view.

13. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium Member

So, you cannot adjust the "look to apex" view in standard cockpit view? Seems like I have seen various videos with varying degrees of look to apex in non-helmet view, but it could just be me.

14. martinsalat

martinsalat
    Premium Member

you also can disable the helmet from the helmet view

• Beer Beer x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1