PC1 Quick question - can you turn off the cockpit blur effect thingy?

It shouldn't. Cockpit and Helmet view have very similar perspectives but SMS applies different effects that can be adjusted for "Helmet View". You can control the degree of "look to apex", FOV, etc. The menus are pretty deep and some things could seem hidden. Explore them well. ;)

You are using helmet view when that happens. It's supposed to do that (it's a gameplay feature). Switch to cockpit view. They are two different perspectives in pCars.

Yes this is correct. My earlier post is how to disable that feature. Really it's not a motion blur feature so to say as it only blurs the instrument cluster in certain scenarios. Motion Blur would be dealing with the speed at which you are moving through the virtual environment for side vision effect.

SMS insisted the feature be on by default since most likely if it wasn't no one would know about it.
AFM I like a static cockpit view and never use the Helmet cam view.

So, you cannot adjust the "look to apex" view in standard cockpit view? Seems like I have seen various videos with varying degrees of look to apex in non-helmet view, but it could just be me.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 260 13.5%