questions for "rFactor 2" guru's

hi all, have download some of the track, cars and plugins, MODS, since seems to have awesome game content and MODS, which a lot of people recommend trying out as a SIM.
I have setup a little and tested around, but feel like i don't understand it all and want to see what your suggestions and recommendations are for
1) video setup settings
2) in game controls settings
3) in game display settings
4) in game audio settings
5) in game video res settings
6) in game difficulty settings

have attached my settings, screenshots and details, am grateful for any help and guidance.
2c5f35bcd8.png

2c5f59ac7e.png

2c5f8c54a9.png

2c5fb2b5f7.png

2c5fc8c1b2.png

2c5fdc2606.png

thank you all SimRacers in this great community!

I would leave the AA at 4, SYNC OFF, turn all you graphics display settings in-game to FULL as the Titan X on a 1080p screen should be able to run that smoothly. If not, then tinker with the Shadow settings.

Open Nvidia inspector rFactor2 profile.

Compatibility:
SLI comparability bits: 0x02402004

Sync and refresh:
Maximum pre rendered frames: 1

Common:
Power management mode: Prefer maximum performance.

UserData > player folder and open player.JASON file and edit:
"Max Framerate":60,
"Max Framerate#":"0 to disable (note: positive numbers only, we always use the 'alternate' method now)",
"Texture Sharpening":0,
"Texture Sharpening#":"Sharpen textures using MIP LOD bias - 0=Off, 1=+2.0(very blurry), 2=+1.0(blurry), 3=-1.0(sharp), 4=-2.0(very sharp), 5=0.0(auto)",

Fanatec Driver Settings:
900 degrees
100 Dampening

Fanatec Wheel:

Sen - Auto
FF - 100
Sho - 80-90
Abs - 85
Lin - OFF
Dea - OFF
Dri - 3
For - 100
Spr - OFF
Dpr - OFF

In game:
FFB Smoothing: 0 (note, this causes a really jagged shake when hitting the rumble strips).
Torque = 0
FFB multiplier = 1 (on most vehicles). I use the pedal overlay plugin found HERE to adjust the multiplier if the FFB clips on the track.

Controller.JSON:
"Steering resistance type":1,
"Steering resistance type#":"0=use damping, 1=use friction",

Hope that helps.

@rocafella1978 no problem, I've realise I copied and pasted my setting from another post. Obviously, if you are not running Sli then you do not need to change the compatibility bits in Nvidia Inspector & also if your monitor is 144Hz you can raise the fps limiter in the player.json file.

I think with a single Titan X on a single 1080p screen you will have very little problem running a full grid with pretty much all your settings at the high end & still able to achieve a smooth 60fps.

Well, I run an i7-4790 and a GTX1070, and even with a grid of 20 it can fall below 40-50 fps easily, no matter where I tune the settings. DX9 support on these newer gen cards seem to be fishy... :unsure:

• Deleted member 130869

2) in game controls settings
Set all to OFF but if you want to, leave Auto Clutch ON. Invulnerability is up to you.
Depending on your wheel, tweak minimum FFB from 3.5% to 10%, and Smoothing to 0 or around 10. It is important to minimize clipping because with too much force through the wheel hinders any detail the FFB may provide - mod dependent, many lack detail in favor of weight -, so see how it feels with the car you drive most and adjust Car Specific Multiplier possibly lower than 1.00.

3) in game display settings
You can have everything maxed but Road Reflection should be on LOW to minimize the wet surface look on the racing line.

5) in game video res settings
Maybe FXAA OFF will look better.

6) in game difficulty settings
Set AI Limiter to 0%

Last edited by a moderator:
Depending on your wheel, tweak minimum FFB from 3.5% to 10%, and Smoothing to 0 or around 10. It is important to minimize clipping because with too much force through the wheel hinders any detail the FFB may provide - mod dependent, many lack detail in favor of weight -, so see how it feels with the car you drive most and adjust Car Specific Multiplier possibly lower than 1.00.

Read this: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-for-rFactor-2-The-key-to-being-in-the-Zone-D
;)

This is the best "guru" tip ever =>

1. Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.
  2. Select All apps, and then select rFactor 2 in the list.
  3. Right-click the game tile, and then select Uninstall.
  4. Follow the steps to uninstall the game.
    :thumbsup:

Every single game has those that are hell bent to criticize. We get it, you don't like rF2 - no one cares, why bother. My comments wouldn't affect your opinion of AC (or any other), why do you think your rF2 comments have an effect on our enjoyment of rF2?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 244 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%