Questions for Kunos Simulazioni

Matej Lakota

Sriple Tix
I hope, those questions haven`t been answered yet :).

1. I have TrackIR, but it is hard to use it on the sunny days, so will you enable look-to-apex option?
2. Can you give us graphic view for gear ratio settings, because it is more transparently that way?
3. Is there some benefit for us, who are using manual cluch and H shifter against others, who also use manual cluch, but steering wheel paddles for changing gears (can game recognize those settings)? With H shifter gearbox I am usualy some percentages slower than with paddles and I am asking this question because online races.

Thank you for answers.

3. Is there some benefit for us, who are using manual cluch and H shifter against others, who also use manual cluch, but steering wheel paddles for changing gears (can game recognize those settings)? With H shifter gearbox I am usualy some percentages slower than with paddles and I am asking this question because online races.
The optimal way is to drive the car like it is in real life, example:

KTM X-Bow: H-Shifter + Clutch will be marginally faster (IF driven right) than using Paddles or a Sequential shifter + Clutch, and even more if assists are used (auto-clutch, auto-blip, etc...)

As soon as you take out a step in "difficulty" that the real car has, you make it in theory slower, but really not by much. A skilled H-Shifting driver will be faster than a skilled Paddling (lol) driver (Again, a couple of tenths max), but an average H-Shifting driver will be slower than the one with paddles.

The optimal way is to drive the car like it is in real life, example:

KTM X-Bow: H-Shifter + Clutch will be marginally faster (IF driven right) than using Paddles or a Sequential shifter + Clutch, and even more if assists are used (auto-clutch, auto-blip, etc...)

As soon as you take out a step in "difficulty" that the real car has, you make it in theory slower, but really not by much. A skilled H-Shifting driver will be faster than a skilled Paddling (lol) driver (Again, a couple of tenths max), but an average H-Shifting driver will be slower than the one with paddles.
William, with 'skilled' you mean being able to use heel-toe-technique or what?

It isn't only about consistant braking pressure and blips, it takes a lot of more concentration/co-ordination or atleast your body is dealing with a lot more when using H-shifter + clutch, using paddles you always have both hands on the wheel and thus more undivided attention to the road.

In my eyes that is the biggest advantage of paddles, more undivided attention, especially on the entry phase of a corner. However, if you become fluent enough using heel toe clutch + H-shifter and comfortable with your braking points you can mostly negate that. The most skilled of drivers can use the H-shifter without losing time, or atleast enough that they are still faster due to the mechanical ingame advantage of using a clutch + H-shift.

If you took away the mechanical advantage of H-Shift + Clutch (like Gran Turismo did) then paddles will always be faster.

I dont understand the different between paddles + clutch vs H-Shift + Clutch. I mean what make H-shift + clutch faster than paddles + clutch ?? Because H shift can shift straight from 6th to 1st gear ??

It isn't only about consistant braking pressure and blips, it takes a lot of more concentration/co-ordination or atleast your body is dealing with a lot more when using H-shifter + clutch, using paddles you always have both hands on the wheel and thus more undivided attention to the road.

In my eyes that is the biggest advantage of paddles, more undivided attention, especially on the entry phase of a corner. However, if you become fluent enough using heel toe clutch + H-shifter and comfortable with your braking points you can mostly negate that. The most skilled of drivers can use the H-shifter without losing time, or atleast enough that they are still faster due to the mechanical ingame advantage of using a clutch + H-shift.

If you took away the mechanical advantage of H-Shift + Clutch (like Gran Turismo did) then paddles will always be faster.
Hm, I find the sequential shifter more comfortable for some sorts of driving - if you never use more than 180 degrees either way you can keep your hands near the paddles (assuming like my wheel they're attached to the back of the wheel rather than the steering column), if you're doing something like drifting in the video above, you end up using several turns of the wheel regularly (or letting it slide through your hands) and it's easier to find the sequential shifter cause it's always just to the side of the wheel. Don't even really have to let go of the wheel, just flick it with a couple fingers.

Presumably on the cars with DKG the sequential or paddle shifters go as fast as the real car can manage, too... haven't bought AC yet so I don't know how it displays information about the 'ideal' control setup for realism. If you want accuracy you should be switching based on the vehicle you're driving.

I dont understand the different between paddles + clutch vs H-Shift + Clutch. I mean what make H-shift + clutch faster than paddles + clutch ?? Because H shift can shift straight from 6th to 1st gear ??
Yeah yeah i know i stupid & silly to ask question like this but far as i know after watch more than 20+ Lotus type 49 in monza66 video i found i actually lap faster than all of them using just DFGT.

Presumably on the cars with DKG the sequential or paddle shifters go as fast as the real car can manage, too... haven't bought AC yet so I don't know how it displays information about the 'ideal' control setup for realism. If you want accuracy you should be switching based on the vehicle you're driving.
In AC, it's simple : when you drive a car that has a sequential gearbox, you use shift up and shift down to shift. Production cars with sequential gearboxes like the 458 and the E92 have no clutch pedal so blipping and throttle cut is automatic. On the M3 GT2, you need to blip yourself, and on all the manual cars you need to operate the clutch like you normally would, rev matching on downshifts and cutting the throttle on upshifts.

Everything is good at default so you have maximum realism depending on the car you choose to drive ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back