Question Time! Can Alonso Win the Indy 500 This Year?

I think he has a better chance at winning the 500 than he does winning an F1 race thats for sure. What has happened to Honda F1 engines?
Alonso is very talented, its just a matter of being in the right place at the right time.

I believe Alonzo shares the same unique abilities of drivers like Mario Andretti, given the right equipment and time to prepare, he is always capable of winning.

I think he is capable of winning, he will learn fast, and there's no reason why he cannot win. Strategy, fuel, and yellows play a massive part, but Alonso is good at knowing when to push. He's not the average rookie and he has a good chance of showing well in the current Indycar field.

I agree. If he still has a healthy car and is on the lead lap with 20-25 to go I think he has as good a shot as anyone.
I would not go that far. He has 32 drivers around him with more oval experience. Far more in most cases. Nigel had already won on an oval when he screwed up the last restart and was toast.
Mario and Rutherford and Foyt all agree... It's an uphill battle for him, even at the end. Even if the cars are equal.
That said, I think he will be back, as will other top end F1 drivers who have no shot at a win. He will infect F1 with new thinking that is really just old school.
So eventually, I think he may get on the Borg-Warner.

It's very possible that he will. McLaren have put HUGE effort into this venture. Their F1 season has suffered immensely as a result of this project. McLaren have a goal and if they can get the car to run the distance (honda still makes great engines, they just suck at f1 ERS) he is in with a definite chance.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

18557146_1475198682538412_9083731498122766328_n.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back