1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Regarding (PC) Steam Pre-Purchase

Discussion in 'F1 2014 - The Game' started by Daniel Collier, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Just wondering if anyone knew about the 50% off coupon Codemasters is offering for pre-purchasing F1 2014. Is the coupon only for previous released Codemasters titles, or can it be used in the future (With F1 2015)?

Directly from steam - (Seems a bit vague)
    "As a Steam exclusive bonus, you will also receive a discount of 50% off any Codemasters game of your choice available on the Steam Store."
  2. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

Double check it, it may be time limited.

Some of these type of coupons have an expiry date :)

Otherwise, there is no reason why it cannot be used for F1 2015, unless it specifically bars the use for the purchase F1 2015 specifically.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. It doesn't give information about an expiration date (unless you have to purchase in order to find out).
    If anyone on PC has pre-purchased from steam, if you could check out the coupon in your steam inventory and let members here know the small print, that would be wonderful! Thanks in Advance ;)
  4. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

I forgot to mention that I had a similar coupon for buying F1 2013, but it could NOT be used to get discount on another copy of F1 2013.

So I must admit that I would be wary about the possibility of getting F1 2015 with this coupon.

It may be interpreted as any Codemasters game in the Steam library at the time the coupon was issued
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Today I bought F1 2014 (for 23,87€ ;) ) and got a coupon. But you unfortunatly can get only games cheaper which were released bevor the 19th September :(
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks for the quick response Graham. That's what I was thinking too. It seems the deal would be "To good to be true" if you could potentially get F1 2015 for 50% off in the future.... but I have gotten pretty good deals on steam before, so you never know :unsure:. I just wish they would make the small print viewable before purchase.

*EDIT - Thanks for the info Korken. Looks like I'll be waiting for the Steam holiday sales, or just wait for 2015 to come out.
  7. Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it! Premium Member

Basically it's only useful to someone who wants GRID Autosport a bit cheaper. :)
  8. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

That would not be me ...... :) ;)