• "Bwoah." - Generic Kimi Quotes.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Question regarding basic modding, help needed

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Michael Dekanek, May 4, 2013.

1. Michael Dekanek

Michael Dekanek

Ratings:
    +17
    Hello,

I have WTCC 2012 mod from Tatino installed. As you might be aware, there is 2013 skinpack around for a while.

However, it's just a skinpack and I would like to make a new separate class 2013 using the 2012 mod.

When I download skinpack I change all cars and names to match with the 2012 ones, I get that part. Now when trying to make a new class there's the problem.

In Gamedata/Teams I copied WTCC_2012 folder, renamed it to WTCC_2013 and removed 2012 teams. Changed the class id, made new 2013 class buttons in UIData to select from. Then I copied 2013 skinpack into Customskins and I was expecting it to be in this new class. But there is no new class, and no skins even in 2012 mod.

Can anyone explain what should I do to make a new "2013 class" and not just skins in existing class? What should I do in this particular case? Thanks for any echo...

2. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Ratings:
    +3,186
    Did you place the new mod (as it isnt a skinpack anymore) in the gamedata section, or in the custom skins section?

3. Michael Dekanek

Michael Dekanek

Ratings:
    +17
    From what I understood it still should remain skinpack for the mod. So I placed updated WTCC_2013 without 2012 teams and new class ID into Teams section, and skins with updated info about cars etc in Documents/Customskins.