AC Question on start time for U.S. events. (Those interested in EDT events post here)

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

kcheeb

Tuning? I'm so confused ...
Hey,

Wondered why the U.S. events start so late, especially during the week?

I'd love to join but can't because of the start time. Seems to me having a 23:45 Eastern start time, you're precluding a lot of people East of Pacific time from racing.

Reasonably new here, but I'm sure there's a good reason :)

Cheers

What makes it difficult is that we have to cover a span of four time zones. There has not been enough participation for two races at different times, as Saleem stated. We have tried to find the happy medium which allows the most people to be able to participate. The west coast is cutting their dinner short, and the east coast is staying up late. Unfortunately that is just the nature of the beast. 6pm EDT unfortunately would make it 3pm on the west coast, which would not allow for many sign ups. However, what you can do is to use the 24/7 Server Thread to organize and request an event for the people who can race at the same times as you. If you get enough participation going, we will set up regular events. If not, we can do them by request. If you know of others on the forum who would be able to race at the same time, tag them by putting an @ before their name: @Ryan Ogurek

We really want to do everything we can to help get everyone on the track, we just have to find the happy medium and work with that. When there is not enough participation to warrant regular events, we are always willing to set them up by request. If you would us to set one up for you, please be sure to tag Saleem and I.

I've put up several East coast friendly events and had at most one sign up for the events.

I've just recently found my way back to RaceDepartment and sadly didn't see them or wasn't back in time :-(

I'm Mountain time, but generally the East Coast friendly times work for me as it gives me time to unwind after the race and before I pack it in for the night. Not sure if three of us constitutes enough interest to try again ... The only night I'm not available is Mondays.

What makes it difficult is that we have to cover a span of four time zones. There has not been enough participation for two races at different times, as Saleem stated. We have tried to find the happy medium which allows the most people to be able to participate. The west coast is cutting their dinner short, and the east coast is staying up late. Unfortunately that is just the nature of the beast.

I completely understand the hassle of making time zones work. You've found a time where you get racers and you run with it :thumbsup:

6pm EDT unfortunately would make it 3pm on the west coast, which would not allow for many sign ups. However, what you can do is to use the 24/7 Server Thread to organize and request an event for the people who can race at the same times as you. If you get enough participation going, we will set up regular events. If not, we can do them by request. If you know of others on the forum who would be able to race at the same time, tag them by putting an @ before their name: @Ryan Ogurek

I don't know many folks here yet, but will definitely be spending some time in the 24/7 thread to see what's happening.

We really want to do everything we can to help get everyone on the track, we just have to find the happy medium and work with that. When there is not enough participation to warrant regular events, we are always willing to set them up by request. If you would us to set one up for you, please be sure to tag Saleem and I.

And it's appreciated, I really like the level of organization and the clean racing I've been involved in here. Wanted to get a conversation started to see if there were other people in the same boat as me. We'll see how it goes.

Cheers and thanks.

Like Ryan said just let us know and we have no problem putting the server up for people. This thread is a great way to see if we can get more people interested in an East Coast Friendly time for racing also.

Like Ryan said just let us know and we have no problem putting the server up for people. This thread is a great way to see if we can get more people interested in an East Coast Friendly time for racing also.

Alright East Coast people, let's hear from you!

What night(s) and time(s) work for you?

I'm good Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 21:00 Eastern. I could make 20:30 work too.

I find it hard to believe I'm the only one here interested in Assetto Corsa Club Racing at an Eastern Time Zone friendly time :unsure:

Let's hear from you :thumbsup:

This may be rather hopeful or trying to stare down reality, but I thought I'd make a list of the people interested in racing and availability. Might make things easier come time to make this happen :D

1. @Tom Moore - 18:00 Eastern
2. @Ken Baldwin - 21:00 Eastern
3. @Ernest Aubert - ANY TIME from 14:00 - 20:00 Eastern ;) (Open wheel)
4. @Mihaly Marton - 21:00 - 22:30 Eastern
5. @Jeff Lasecki - Any time that works (flexible)
6. @Fred Locklear - 21:00 Eastern is ok, 22:00 Eastern is better
7. @Matt Horst - 21:00 - 22:30 (at the latest) Eastern
8. @Lou Sytsma - 20:00 - 23:00 Eastern
9. @Tony Presutto - 20:00 - 22:00 Eastern
10. @Joshua Spann Jr - 20:00 - 22:00 Eastern

Last edited:
Well, I just found this thread. For me the races would ideally start between
21:00 and 22:30 eastern time.

But I would even try to stay up for a race starting at 23:00 eastern. And I think that we could actually achieve it with the current west-coast friendly races with some changes of booking / practice / quali / race times:

Booking: 02:15 GMT | 22:15 EDT | 19:15 PDT
Practice: NO PRACTICE
Qualifying: 02:30 GMT | 22:30 EDT | 19:30 PDT
Race: 03:00 GMT | 23:00 EDT | 20:00 PDT (31 laps)

I mean, we're all grown-ups, 15 minutes booking should be more than enough. As for the practice, well everyone could practice the day before, or before the race if he has time, I really think we could skip it.

This would bring the two coasts closer together, giving more chances for everyone.

Cheers.

I live in the central zone, so I'll let you guys figure it out and I can go either way.

I would probably be able to do some of the races depending on the time. I am usually not available until 21:00ET or later, 22:00ET probably would be better. I can usually stay up late for the near midnight times for the US, but sometimes it would be nice to have an earlier start.

Don't base anything on what I would be available for though.

Well, I just found this thread. For me the races would ideally start between
21:00 and 22:30 eastern time.

But I would even try to stay up for a race starting at 23:00 eastern. And I think that we could actually achieve it with the current west-coast friendly races with some changes of booking / practice / quali / race times:

Booking: 02:15 GMT | 22:15 EDT | 19:15 PDT
Practice: NO PRACTICE
Qualifying: 02:30 GMT | 22:30 EDT | 19:30 PDT
Race: 03:00 GMT | 23:00 EDT | 20:00 PDT (31 laps)

I mean, we're all grown-ups, 15 minutes booking should be more than enough. As for the practice, well everyone could practice the day before, or before the race if he has time, I really think we could skip it.

This would bring the two coasts closer together, giving more chances for everyone.

Cheers.
Well first off, the current races are basically as early as we can go to include the west coast. The legnth of the booking period is long so people can book early and go back to doing other things. Shortening it would be moving up the race time and excluding the west. Also you would be amazed by the amount of problems a short booking for events like this can cause. Not saying it cant be done, there just isnt a need for it as the time to be concerned with is the practice start. Staying true to life we like to keep a longer practice with a short qualifying.The goal of this thread is more to show if there is yet enough east coast participation to warrant separate regular races, and if not, to organize races by request. In which case you guys can structure it however you would like.

I really don't have dog in this fight but It might allow late comers to join even right up to race time, which might help west coasters a little, I don't know. This is my last post on this, I am literally in the middle, LOL.

Its not quite as simple as that however, there is a lot of drawbacks for the drop in mode. The booking was designed with things like the clubs and leagues in mind. Its really ideal for it. There will however be sprint races coming soon on the weekends, those will be with the drop in mode so people can come and go as they please.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.4%