1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC Question on how to set AC brake pressure: AC control setting or DIview brake settings

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Rick Malm, Sep 28, 2014.

1. I need some advice.
    I have a Rimotech load cell on my Thrustmaster T500rs. I have measured the load cell at 60lb to get AC to register 100% brake on. This is too much pressure for my medical condition and it requires a firm left leg stab at it to get it to 100% and to threshold brake my leg/ankle pressure is inconsistent to get 80% but it give good resolution for the trail off taper.

I could do one of 2 things or maybe something else you know about.
    1. Set AC control for brake setting to 30% and only have to use about 20lb of force max or
    2 Or use DIView but this looks like you get a non linear result and clearly dont get 100% to windows with 30% input movement on the load cell or am I setting it wrong.
    Which do you recommend and what is the difference, what are the settings required to
    have less force but a linear response?

I did try the Basherboards washer mod and it was about the same pressure with the softest washer and was not as linear.

In both mod cases, with a lower AC setting of 30% I am having some problem create a very fast brake on transition and a smooth trail braking taper off. Thoughts?

Final question: When using these mods should one be wearing racing shoes or tennis shoes vs standard "simRacing socks?

Any advice would be helpful.
  2. ouvert

Premium Member

just to the final question: I guess whatever feels right for you and your feet :) ..
    does it hurt in socks?
    do you feel uncomfortable to wear shoes inside? (i do)
    do you have less sensitivity in shoes (to influence your driving negatively) ?
  3. Ouvert, No, Yes, Yes. Socks it is. thanks.