Physics [Question] New suspension got weird

Hi guys,

I am just beginning to learn more about the AC suspension system and I try to fiddle around with mods to get the hang of it to get cars to my personal liking.

So I got this car and I didn't like the suspension and I tried to adjust it but I wasn't satisfied.
Now I copied a complete suspension fom another comparable car and adjusted Track, Wheelbase and CG to the corresponding values.
But weird things are happening now: when the AI tries to start a race or to get out of the pit it goes in full left or right turn. This keeps happening regardless of the track. I saw this once with a version of the M6 GT3 as well.
Could someone explain me what is happening and maybe how to get rid of it?

Much appreciated, thank you in advance!

Regards,
Simon

Hm, I thought the bodies are strictly optical suspensionwise?

You have right but since You messed with weight distribution and suspension from other car that can be reason, maeby couple of signs are missing, caused by imperfection of coping

My solution idea:
rollback your suspension file
Open the Suspension file of the car which will be used as better one
Open the suspension file of the car which is going to upgrade
copy only values 1 by 1 from first car and paste them into second car file

sounds lame, but try that :D

Yeah, right...
Look, I just wanted to ask if someone experienced the same problem and asked for help. I know that this is a lot of work and I am working on physics since months. Yes, it is very complex and thats the exact reason I asked. Thank you for your contribution

Without pictures from ingame or the suspension editor we can't help you much

I guess you inadvertently build something that collapses immediately on loading

SOLVED!
Was about to take the pictures as I got an idea. Apparantly you have to adjust the [Controls] section of the car.ini as well to the new suspension (if anyone is interested).
Thank you nonetheless for your efforts!

It's very satisfying, and interesting though, don't you think? I am just starting my first scratch built car physics, and it really is like magic when you get it right!

I tried swapping various kunos suspension files onto my car, but it didn't start to feel right until I tried making the suspension match the car. Once the pivot points were all in the correct place, the car immediately felt better, more 'car' :)

It's very satisfying, and interesting though, don't you think? I am just starting my first scratch built car physics, and it really is like magic when you get it right!

I tried swapping various kunos suspension files onto my car, but it didn't start to feel right until I tried making the suspension match the car. Once the pivot points were all in the correct place, the car immediately felt better, more 'car' :)
I did the suspension of the KRB mostly by eyeballing the geometry, and the knowledge that its front end was somewhat "inspired" by the Porsche 911. Plus I found good highres photos of the used S80 hub on ebay, from which, starting from the main bearing size, I was able to reconstruct and measure the hub and its mounting points.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%