Question for those of you with triple monitors and nvidia graphics cards!!!

I own a single Galaxy GTX 570 fermi, it has three connections on the back of it, 2 dvi port connections, and 1 mini hdmi--full size hdmi at other end, which can plug into a supplied hdmi to dvi adapter...My question is can i run 3 monitors off these three ports or do i need a dvi adapter, or sli to run a triple monitor set up?

Intel quad core i7 920
Mainboard: Gigabyte Ultra- D- x58
Memory: 6-gigs Corsair dominator
Soundcard: x-fi xtreme audio
PSU: PC POWER Cooling 910watt

I was reading this question on the nvidia site it made me think, let me bounce it off you!

Can I add a 3rd graphics card in my 2-way SLI enabled PC to connect more monitors?
Yes, you can add an additional graphics card to your PC to connect two additional monitors. The additional graphics card must have a GPU that is different from your SLI GPUs and must be NVIDIA PhysX capable (GeForce 8 series and higher with at least 256MB of memory). For example, two GeForce GTX 2XX GPUs in SLI and a GeForce 9XXX GT is a supported configuration.

I was just thinking my single card can run 2 monitors, i have a spare gtx 260 gpu that i could plug in but not in sli with my Gtx 570 and it can run the 3rd monitor...my question is if that works will it span across all monitors...

Well guys, I'm having so much fun with I-racing, that i took the next step plunge. I picked up a 2nd Galaxy GTX 570 fermi sli 'd it and bought 3 matched monitors. Couldn't resist when the card went on sale for $289.00 @Comp USA , i paid $359.00 for my 1st card months ago. Bought (3)- 22 inch Gateway LED 1920x1080 matched monitors at $139.00 each. Total cost, not including the 1st card= $706.00 ...I'm loving this set racing is much more realistic!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back