General Question for the community - GTR2 mod for AC

Is that RSR record a proper time? Because I did 5 laps and was just 1s slower, using the gamepad with default set + 20L + softs. And I'm not any GT alien, even with steering wheel.
I just ran the AI at 100% ,
I would show the laptimes but always have a bug with my mouse cursor vanishing and no esc , so after 3 laps and it finishing had to end the task ,

Can anyone please run 3 laps with the AI at 100% ? and share a screen ,
I installed the game 3 times and same bug , my mouse vanishes at the end .
437fa7e56dc8a4f3fae18911f23c7217.png

Well the pole in 2003 was actually closer to a 1:41 (1:40.975). So a 1:42.3 is only 1.34 seconds slower...factor in the 30 HP I mentioned and like 1% more tire grip and that gap is gone.
yes but, in real life drivers and engeneers do not have the luxury of going and do 200+ laps with perfect conditions and make the best lap posible, and tweak the setup to death :D
i'm sure in practice they did not have more than 10 laps,. in real life they would probably be able to shave a full second if they could have that luxury

Is that RSR record a proper time? Because I did 5 laps and was just 1s slower, using the gamepad with default set + 20L + softs. And I'm not any GT alien, even with steering wheel.
i'm not sure really if that is a proper alien laptime, but im sure also the pole position of real life race was not either representative of the full potential of the car in perfect scenario, also the masseratti is not form 2003, should be quicker than 2003 cars

I got an idea ,
lets have a DATA competition , who can prove the most facts about these cars ?
lets see what you guys know and who is the God of DATA!! :)

6 cars ,
Ferrari 550-GTS Maranello
Ferrari 575-GTC Maranello
Lister Storm
Lamborghini Murcielago R-GT
Chrysler Viper GTS-R
Saleen S7-R

Lets see how far this community reaches .
Too lazy to actually get the links, but all of the homologation documents (like I posted for the Saleen) are on that FIA historic database.

Upto now @mclarenf1papa proved to be the most useful at providing DATA ,
What about the rest of you guys ,
who wants to knock papa off his thrown ? :geek:
come on guys rape google and lets make these mods ,
and someone must have some of these cars sat in there garage .....

Upto now @mclarenf1papa proved to be the most useful at providing DATA ,
What about the rest of you guys ,
who wants to knock papa off his thrown ? :geek:
come on guys rape google and lets make these mods ,
and someone must have some of these cars sat in there garage .....
Well, I did scour the owners manual which has lovely suspension diagrams to get the data points... Let me know if this is useful in any way @David Dominguez.

It was originally made for the street 550, but it could be useful for the GTS depending on how much/little has been modified.

xZBmMJ0h.jpg

HwlSvIEh.jpg

Edit* Seem at least the 575 GTC had different wishbones, so I'd assume both GT cars were different from the street counterparts.

Last edited:
Well, I did scour the owners manual which has lovely suspension diagrams to get the data points... Let me know if this is useful in any way @David Dominguez.

It was originally made for the street 550, but it could be useful for the GTS depending on how much/little has been modified.

xZBmMJ0h.jpg

HwlSvIEh.jpg

Edit* Seem at least the 575 GTC had different wishbones, so I'd assume both GT cars were different from the street counterparts.
Damn man , your becoming a Ferrari expert :D

Well, I did scour the owners manual which has lovely suspension diagrams to get the data points... Let me know if this is useful in any way
where do you find stuff like this? My search for any Tiga Group-C documents was entirely fruitless so far :(

where do you find stuff like this? My search for any Tiga Group-C documents was entirely fruitless so far :(
Last 3 cars I made I must have found 1000,s of CAD images , and over 80 PDF Manuals ,
the information is there if you search , but knowing Gary he probably visited Ferrari , the guy is more obsessed than me :D

Really just a few google searches, after all it really was just a PDF of the owners manual, nothing fancy. Owner Club forums are great places too, as they are obviously filled with passionate people with years of knowledge. I was surprised at how much info I found on the 550, more than a lot of other projects. Definitely seems to vary greatly from car to car, sometimes its good to base a project around how much data you can find.

Last 3 cars I made I must have found 1000,s of CAD images , and over 80 PDF Manuals ,
the information is there if you search , but knowing Gary he probably visited Ferrari , the guy is more obsessed than me :D

lol, I wish! Just good timing that I went to the Brussels museum when they were celebrating Ferrari's 70th, they wouldn't have had it otherwise. Was dying to get closer, open the doors and get underneath, unfortunately I couldn't get great access.

Oh and definitely not an expert, just an enthusiast :D

Well it probably doesn't help that I like to make oddballs that exist around once on the planet

and when I google "tiga gc288 pdf" its 5 pictures of cars and then I have three pages of handcrafted turtles from etsy and astrometrics diagrams, what going on there

Well it probably doesn't help that I like to make oddballs that exist around once on the planet

and when I google "tiga gc288 pdf" its 5 pictures of cars and then I have three pages of handcrafted turtles from etsy and astrometrics diagrams, what going on there
What you wanting exactly ? :geek:

You need to be really specific when looking for something ,
IDK the car , but who make the engine and drivetrain ,
the dashboard will be mostly custom ,
do they have a website , did you search it ?
who make the wheels ,
who makes the brakes ,
who makes the tires ,
who makes the shocks ,
who makes the seat ,

bla bla bla , its just ruling out stuff man , thats all it his ,
within 2-3 hrs I can find everything to build a car ,
unless its a shuttle :)

You need to be really specific when looking for something ,
IDK the car , but who make the engine and drivetrain ,
the dashboard will be mostly custom ,
do they have a website , did you search it ?
who make the wheels ,
who makes the brakes ,
who makes the tires ,
who makes the shocks ,
who makes the seat ,

bla bla bla , its just ruling out stuff man , thats all it his ,
within 2-3 hrs I can find everything to build a car ,
unless its a shuttle :)
My main problem is the suspension. I have data on the brakes, the wheels, dashboard is literally the same unit the Audi uses, I got the engine and transmission sorted out already. It's a Group-C car that a Swede and a Norwegian went bonkers with. But this time KRB did way less documentation around the net.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.1%