General Question for the community - GTR2 mod for AC

Have an even greater respect for GT cars and drivers, shockingly different in person than they seem in video. Those Audi/Lambo V12s, just incredible - I'm sure the 550 would have been similarly visceral.
V10s ;) And I absolutely agree, I've seen so many race cars in the wild in the last decade (several GT Masters, VLN, Oldtimer Grand Prix, Osnabrück Bergcup Hillclimb) I vouch for it being an experience everyone should have at least once, just like attending a large concert and festival. No video or audio recording can ever compare.

V10s ;) And I absolutely agree, I've seen so many race cars in the wild in the last decade (several GT Masters, VLN, Oldtimer Grand Prix, Osnabrück Bergcup Hillclimb) I vouch for it being an experience everyone should have at least once, just like attending a large concert and festival. No video or audio recording can ever compare.
Yep, brainfart :roflmao:

They all sounded epic, though the M6 was by far the weakest/flattest sounding (but had brutal downshift pops and bangs!) The Bentley was lower in volume but was one of my favourites, even on the pit limiter!

The Ferrari had some tuneful whistling when decelerating, and the Merc made the ground rumble. Interestingly the Merc's were consistently scraping (making awesome sparks) at Eau Rouge far more than any other, i guess they run softer or lower.

I was hoping i'd be able to spot a 550 or 575 GT at Spa 24 this weekend, but this was the next best thing (at the Brussels museum):

Tb5SGv9h.jpg

EZtch6hh.jpg

And at the circuit in the night, hence the awful photos, looked sweet in person though. This was at the top of the paddock, near La Source:

vqCrePuh.jpg

Found a scale model though:

b7hAGrEh.jpg

MViKq7bh.jpg

Have an even greater respect for GT cars and drivers, shockingly different in person than they seem in video. Those Audi/Lambo V12s, just incredible - I'm sure the 550 would have been similarly visceral.
Just one question Gary ?
I hope you took a Damn more photos than that ;)

this would be an awesoe mod indeed, only thing that concerns me is the kunos masseratti is loswer than it should, if you guys match the mod with the masseratti all cars would be slower than they should,

2003 season they lapped 1 40 at barcelona, the masseratti appeared on 2004 and it was a winning car,
In Ac i think laptimes are around 1 43. maybe some alien has a world record lap?

RSR la record is 1:42.3

this would be an awesoe mod indeed, only thing that concerns me is the kunos masseratti is loswer than it should, if you guys match the mod with the masseratti all cars would be slower than they should,

2003 season they lapped 1 40 at barcelona, the masseratti appeared on 2004 and it was a winning car,
In Ac i think laptimes are around 1 43. maybe some alien has a world record lap?

I think it's down 30 hp or so (it says 580 but power at the wheels shows unreasonably large drivetrain losses).

I think it's down 30 hp or so (it says 580 but power at the wheels shows unreasonably large drivetrain losses).
I looked at 4 different sources today ,
official engine F140 used in 2004 for the MC12 is the Enzo ferrari engine produces 651hp ,
other sources claim 575hp , kunos claim 580hp , and 2 other sources also was 575hp , so to be honest I am confused , but either way the kunos car is still wrong .

official engine F140 used in 2004 for the MC12 is the Enzo ferrari engine produces 651hp ,
other sources claim 575hp , kunos claim 580hp , and 2 other sources also was 575hp , so to be honest I am confused , but either way the kunos car is still wrong .
who cares the broadcasted bhp can change is may not be accurate. Porsche said their 919 made 900bhp, other sources said the lmp1h cars all made around 1200bhp at peak performance. Besides the mapping of the engine can change its performance

In other cases look at bop, new rsr has 510, that changes based on the bop. My point is its dangerous to take those sorts of numbers at face value especially in GT racing. Well im not sure around that period, I know very late GT1 cars had Bop around 2010 but not sure around 2005.

Either way its probably just best to use the MC12 as the Bop subject and match everything againest it, id rather we try to match the cars together in pace instead of the reality, then ferrari fans will be able to enjoy it as well

The Corvette C6 GT1 made "a little bit more than 600" (-Dan Binks) for 600 ft/lbs of torque and I think the Maserati had more going on with its front diffuser/splitter, so I don't think 580 is entirely unreasonable. 650 seems like it's definitely too much.

The Corvette C6 GT1 made "a little bit more than 600" (-Dan Binks) for 600 ft/lbs of torque and I think the Maserati had more going on with its front diffuser/splitter, so I don't think 580 is entirely unreasonable. 650 seems like it's definitely too much.
Says here 651hp ,
and the MC12 used the Ferrari F140 engine , obviously the drivetrain would have been different , and the engine I would imagine tuned too , so loosing BHP from stock is hard to imagine ,
but I dont create physics ,

2004 F140 ENZO Engine
121ab6a4052b9d4a244c07233f742d60.png

Says here 651hp ,
and the MC12 used the Ferrari F140 engine , obviously the drivetrain would have been different , and the engine I would imagine tuned too , so loosing BHP from stock is hard to imagine ,
but I dont create physics ,

2004 F140 ENZO Engine
121ab6a4052b9d4a244c07233f742d60.png
:D

The Corvette Z06 makes 650 HP and the current racing version makes 500 HP...the road car's power means very little.

Adding that much more power would make the car too fast (even lap time wise) anyway.

Reactions: CC
:D

The Corvette Z06 makes 650 HP and the current racing version makes 500 HP...the road car's power means very little.
Just seems strange to me man ,

Hi Guys can we use your 1000hp engine to use in GT1 , we will pay you loads ,
and then race it and its 880hp , but like I say I dont do physics :D

who cares the broadcasted bhp can change is may not be accurate. Porsche said their 919 made 900bhp, other sources said the lmp1h cars all made around 1200bhp at peak performance. Besides the mapping of the engine can change its performance

In other cases look at bop, new rsr has 510, that changes based on the bop. My point is its dangerous to take those sorts of numbers at face value especially in GT racing. Well im not sure around that period, I know very late GT1 cars had Bop around 2010 but not sure around 2005.

Either way its probably just best to use the MC12 as the Bop subject and match everything againest it, id rather we try to match the cars together in pace instead of the reality, then ferrari fans will be able to enjoy it as well
I agree with that one , unless you have engine maps and graphs from GT1 in 2004 ,
personally id say match it to the MC12 , roughly ,
or otherwise all cars would destroy it , then you get 100 pages saying our cars too fast you make an update and everyone complains again :D

wow thats crazy , if you have a scanned track , that is supposed to be perfect ,
and a lap record on rsr that is almost 3 seconds slower what does that tell us ,

the track is bad or the car , and everyone has compared times before on this track , so obviously its the car

wow thats crazy , if you have a scanned track , that is supposed to be perfect ,
and a lap record on rsr that is almost 3 seconds slower what does that tell us ,

the track is bad or the car , and everyone has compared times before on this track , so obviously its the car
Well the pole in 2003 was actually closer to a 1:41 (1:40.975). So a 1:42.3 is only 1.34 seconds slower...factor in the 30 HP I mentioned and like 1% more tire grip and that gap is gone.

Well the pole in 2003 was actually closer to a 1:41 (1:40.975). So a 1:42.3 is only 1.34 seconds slower...factor in the 30 HP I mentioned and like 1% more tire grip and that gap is gone.
The Ferari 550 was the winning car in 2004 so what does that lap spa in , 140,100

Which ever way you look at it , RSR leaderboards on a scanned track , the laptimes are always faster than RL
In this case there much slower ?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back