Question for Reiza re painting skins

Hi Reiza,
could you pease tell me, is it possible to paint anything (or change colour) on the dark part of the body behind the front wheels, of the formula classic cars?

Thank you :)

Keith

Sorry, I thought the description was clear, so here's a shot of the Mclaren showing the area I am talking about.
(ok, I know in 1991 the McLaren was actually black in this area, so it is correct, but other cars were painted or badged in this area - the inset picture of the Williams shows the large Labbatt's sign in the same area, which I would like to be able to do, if anyone can answer whether this is possible.

reizapaint.jpg

Sorry, I thought the description was clear, so here's a shot of the Mclaren showing the area I am talking about.
(ok, I know in 1991 the McLaren was actually black in this area, so it is correct, but other cars were painted or badged in this area - the inset picture of the Williams shows the large Labbatt's sign in the same area, which I would like to be able to do, if anyone can answer whether this is possible.

View attachment 36201
Not to be nitpicky, but IIRC that larger Labatts logo was actually on the bargeboard, not on the chassis itself. The smaller one I believe is on the sidepod.

MC,
that's exactly what I was trying to show - I wanted to be able to include the large Labatts behind the wheel (bargeboard?), but can only do the small one on the sidepod. Here is my (almost finished) result, I'm quite happy with it, but it is obviously missing the larger Labatts sign.

EDIT: I just realised by bargeboard you probably mean the front wing end plates, but these did not have Labatts on, they had the 'Bull' sign as shown in the pictures. The large Labatts was on the main shell behind the front wheel.

mansell91.jpg

mansell91b.jpg

There weren't any barge boards on that particular car, in fact I believe the first car to have them at all was the 1993 Benetton, with them becoming increasingly common in 1994 and de riguer in 1995. The large Labatts logo in that image is simply on the side of the tub, with the smaller one being on the front of the sidepod.

There weren't any barge boards on that particular car, in fact I believe the first car to have them at all was the 1993 Benetton, with them becoming increasingly common in 1994 and de riguer in 1995. The large Labatts logo in that image is simply on the side of the tub, with the smaller one being on the front of the sidepod.
Thanks Nick, that was my understanding of a barge board also. Anyway, I'm pleased with how it's turned out, I just need to add the Mansell name & another Renault badge by the cockpit and it is done.
I'm slowly building a 91 season of cars. (unless you have any further hints about a certain Senna game that would make my efforts pointless lolol ;) :whistling: ).

Thanks Scott, I haven't used GIMP, I use PaintShopPro 9 which I got years ago for a few pounds on EBay - you can still get PSP9 for £7 new, or PSP X is just a few pounds more.
I did take a look at GIMP but I couldn't get the dds plugins working - PSP also needs a dds plugin, but the process is much easier, & takes only a few seconds (once you've found the right plugin on the net, which took me a while). :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back