Question for Historic Club drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
Just for my & Bobbo's guide - how long do you want to know in advance about normal (ie non-special) events, so you can plan and acquire your downloads etc?

I know some other clubs are pushing their timetable out to give extended notifications.

Is that something you'd want here?

NOTE -this applies to all Historic Club events - GTL, P&G and rFactor.

Voted 2 weeks: Completely unnecessary for all events, but I'd like to know when there's an event a bit more up front.
Most of the Tuesdays/Thursdays there will be an event (no need to know what untill a few days up front) but knowing that there will be an event helps me with my real-life schedule.
On the Friday events: is it 1 week PnG, the other rF? (I was expecting an event last Friday but ... those 60m of Porsches @ Spa got me hungry fo rmore)

Side note: is there a general Historix chat thread where we can spam our wishes & ideas? Or can we use the 'Welcome' thread for this?

It wouldn't/doesn't bother me, how long I had/have. As I have plenty free time, and if its not Boss's, I'll react on a whim anyway. With my, less than perfect, isp, maybe this isn't the best policy, anymore... lol.

Kris - to take your points in order

Friday events:
There wasn't an event this Friday because I was away for the Good Friday bank holiday, and I got so caught up with RDHGP prep I didn't realise I'd forgotten it until after the Minis on Friday.

As for the ongoing Friday schedule, it may not be as rigid as that - we'll see how popular things are/aren't, but at least if we extend the notification time, you'll be able to see what's coming. As we progress, we may even have the odd non-GTL event on a Tuesday or Thursday.

I'm going to ask Bram for a general "Hist" prefix to threads, so posts/questions that cover all games/mods we look after come under the one banner. Feel free to use the "Welcome" thread for now, though.

No - that's fine mate.

The thing about this is that if we go out further than currently, the people who don't need any more time than a week can ignore the threads until then anyway, and freestyle it like Eck mentions.

One week notice is nice; as most cars/tracks are still new to me (even many of the default ones) I know I cannot just jump into a Club Event without some practice and expect to be any good..
Also I don't have free time every night but I like be able to DL and install the mods some days before raceday.
Fridays are a pain, have prior commitments every other friday so as much as I like P&G (or maybe rF) can't make it to half the events already:frown::frown:.

Anyways, I think you guys are doing an awesome job the way it is going now, at least one week will do for me.

One week max, or even a few days is fine for me. Mainly I just need enough time to get all the downloads and to make sure they are installed and running correctly.
I don't usually spend much time practicing, just a few laps to get a rough setup and to become familiar with the car (if it is new to me).

However, one point here to balance my vote: Due to my location and the need to race at stupid hours of the morning, my attendance for the next few months will be limited. When DST starts in Europe, my early mornings get even worse, and as winter arrives here, the start times become a real struggle for me. So, I will get to as many as I can, but since my attendance will be less than others, my vote should be discounted a bit. :wink:

OK I'm going to close this now.

The result probably couldn't get any more ambivalent, but we will start planning and updating a 2 week schedule from now on.

My reasoning for going with this option is as follows:-

The people who only expressed a preference for "Within the week" or "1 week" won't be adversely affected by extending the timeframe of the schedule - they can just sign up with their normal notice period and ignore the advance warnings before then - whereas putting the warning schedule shorter than 2 weeks means the people who preferred that option are compromised.

Be prepared for a little event blitz over the next few days as we get the schedule up and running and far out enough so you all know what's coming.

Thanks for your help and feedback in this matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back