Question for GTL Drivers about RD Ranking points

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
Would you care if GT Legends events were excluded from the RD Ranking Points scoring?

I'm a little concerned about some of the driving standards, and the attitude shown by some people on occasion.

I suspect that, if people knew that the GTL Club & League races did not contribute to the rankings, they'd be more inclined to treat GTL races in the way they are meant to - first and foremost as Fun.

Leave your feedback please.

Yeah - I should stress that I'm definitely not knocking the system nor the implementation, and stuff like Race & rF work well on it - I just think it doesn't fit in with the GTL world, where we have massive disparities in performance within classes (Lotus Elite & Ford GT40 in the same class ?!), and events are there as much just to drive these characterful vehicles as race for position.

Took a minute of so to work out what you were saying, but i have my coffee now :coffee: so the old brain is working a bit better now :wink:

But yes i would be all for that, just look at Gary last season driving that monster around some of those tracks, the way he handled it he should of had top points every time.

yep i`m also well impressed with all the hard work that has gone into the rankings system. but i dont think it should be a blanket system were all club races earn points.

for me personaly i used to be bothered about my ranking position and points earned, but found after a while it started to distract me from having fun & so started up driving in the GTL events. but it does seem the must score as many points as possible mentality is now taking effect in the GTL club.

I don't really mind either way actually. For me, my attitude won't change, with or without ranking points, I drive these great old cars for the fun and character they provide. I think most of our GTL Clubbers have a similar attitude, developed over many races together.
There are some nice benefits to the Ranking System such as it's history records, which could be very useful for planning future events.
As long as the overall GTL spirit remains, it is not a problem, maybe we need to see what attitude some of the newer drivers brings, but to date most have joined with the right spirit. Certainly, there is a potential for it to affect some drivers.

Dunno. :yin-yang:

EDIT: I certainly wouldn't be upset if the points are removed. :wink:

I know what you mean about the history - I've actually asked whether driver event points could all get multiplied by a factor of 0 to flatten them out if it's a GTL event.

That would keep the history intact, I think, which I also find very useful, and also prevent the temptation that those extra few points can bring.

And also, to be fair, your attitude isn't the issue, it's the people who do care about the points who can cause strife for others - and that's not really on.

I would prefare no ranking points in any events. Since their inception the fun has gone and a win at all costs attitude has taken over for some.

People you used to trust close racing are now far too aggressive just to get that extra place. I very rarely take part in Race On events now due to this and GTL is the only place it hasn`t affected me upto now, but if it is creeping in then it looks like my driving days are numbered.

You would think there was a major prize up for grabs for the most improved points scorer, when club events were supposed to be just for fun.

If you want points join a league.

To be honest - the question may well end up being moot if it's not an easy change for just our events. I don't want to nause things up for everyone.

I kind of agree with Warren - it's been pretty good, and the things that made me start pondering this are irregular to be fair. Perhaps I'm just spoilt with the generally good attitude we have in the GTL side, and am overreacting. I generally get more aggro per single Cat event than I do over a month of GTL events.

I could just start refusing peoples sign ups from events if their attitudes and behaviour have been wrong on previous occasions, I suppose

Quite true, but neither would a driving environment where you get speared off by someone either defending or trying to take a single place over aggressively.

Hence why I'm trying to work out if there's a more seamless way to go so we don't have to resort to stuff like refusals etc.

i think that racing incidents happen all the time. it happend before and after the ranking system started. the question is did the incidents become more frequent because of the rankings. personaly i like the rankings, it is fun and adds more intrest to the general races including the club events. for me it was fun to be at the top 5 but i don't care now that i am down the leader bord. in my case i can say that during the club or league races i am not conserned about my rankings and the fact that i lost some places during a club race never made me to push harder in order to get a higher point in the rankings. saying that i must admit that i am comptetive. the ranking system aloows me to see who is the more comptetive guy i race against.yes i play gtl at rd for 3 years now and had many good and memorable fights at the gtl club. i agree that club races are for fun but my view is that i want to be comptetive too . that is why i play gtl both for fun and being comptetive . now the view of some here is that ppl seem to be too agressive. i didn't take part in the club races lately because of lack of time but i read the after race posts. i think that if someone hits another player he needs to wait. period . if the same guys is invulved in too many incidents then steps should be taken against him..on a presonal note the last race i took place was at the greenhell i was tired made stupid mistakes and hit stuart twice, i apolgized because i destroyed his race. i know i didn't do it on purpose it was just mistakes from my side. it happens to all of us. it wasn't too nice to read the after race post from stuart saying that he played some shooting game in order to relax. we all need to take things in the right prespevtive.it is just a raing game you know:) as for droping gtl from the ranking sstem: i think it will be a mistake.and some players who care about the ranking system(not me) will not take part.

I like how the ranking system keeps all your racing history and all the lap times for all drivers on all tracks. I love the info side of it, but like Stu said, the Club races have become more serious and less fun (for some, not all of us).

And the guys that are high in the rankings are a big target for the ones under them. Sometimes the person passing might be a bit too ambitious and cause an accident. It's just that now there is much more incentive to get in front of the guy ahead of you. This is great for creating a competitive environment, but it threatens the fun side of things a bit. It hasn't affected me personally, but I have noticed some of the guys taking the accidents way more seriously now than before.

But it is still a genius creation and it works great. Everything comes with its pros and cons.
The above is exactly what I said about the ranking system once before in another thread, and I still feel pretty much the same. Love the ability to view my entire racing history, the ability to view lap times and stuff. But I think it makes the atmosphere a bit more competitive than it needs to be.

I don't really care about the ranking system ( if i did i would only be driving the Minis and FWD WTCC ) and either way is good for me. But as a new player to GTL i can't say if the ranking has made people more agressive and such, i didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. And as the summer is near its end i won't be participating in many upcoming events as they are run during week days so can't really voice my opinion on this matter. For what it counts if you, the regulars, think that the ranking had made some negative impact on the GTL club, take it off.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back