Question concerning the BMW E90

I've had Race for only about a week, but I've already logged about 500 laps in the various cars and I must say that it has become my new addiction. Last night I finally got around to trying out the BMW E90 and was turning laps in the low 2:01's in race trim at Monza. Not alien fast, but the car is very stable, a lot of fun to drive, and competitive enough to compete against the AI at 100%...so I'm fairly happy with the car.

However, I just can't seem to dial out a "bouncing" effect that seems to be originating from the rear of the car. I watched the replay several times and the rear is really hopping around...very much like a real car would that has broken shocks.

From the driver's seat it looks and feels like a porpoising motion...as if the car is rocking back and forth while at speed. I have noticed this effect in all the other cars as well, but it really seems to be exaggerated in the BWM.

How can I tone down the buckaroo effect?

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Troy

Attachments

• BMW E90 - Race.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 273
First of all Monza is a very bumpy track by it self and the BMW doesnt seem to feel at home over there.
My tip is to download the Simbin setups and start working from there towards a setup that suits you well. See: http://www.rpmnet.org/forum/showthread.php?t=724

To get more straightline stability set your toe-ins towards zero. Put on a little wing ("2") and lower your bumps a bit.

I am working on a BMW setup for monza, but i am not an expert with that car, so maybe i am completely wrong.

Anyway, welcome and good luck :welcome:

Maybe try lowering the springs and antirollbar (front) a bit. And harder the bumps and rebounds i think.
Someone can give a hand here?

However, I just can't seem to dial out a "bouncing" effect that seems to be originating from the rear of the car. I watched the replay several times and the rear is really hopping around...very much like a real car would that has broken shocks.

How can I tone down the buckaroo effect?

Forget trying to fix this at Monza, we sadly have a small bug in the track bump frequency at this track - it will be hopefully be fixed sometime soon :sad:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 337 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 467 39.0%