• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Question about virtual mirrors

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Óscar Melero, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Óscar Melero

Óscar Melero
    Premium

Ratings:
    +108
    Any way of turning off real mirrors (mirrors in car) and turning on virtual mirrors (on top of screen)?

In some cars I cannot completely see the mirror in the cockpit view. Would be amazing if I can turn off the real ones and use the virtual ones in the cockpit view, like in iRacing.

Is it possible?

2. Óscar Melero

Óscar Melero
    Premium

Ratings:
    +108
    sorry double post

3. Troy Barman

Troy Barman

Ratings:
    +431
    Yes you just have to go into your .plr file and turn on virtual mirrors,

4. Óscar Melero

Óscar Melero
    Premium

Ratings:
    +108
    It worked thx. But no way of using only virtual mirrors? I mean... turn off reals and turn on virtuals?

5. Justin Davis

Justin Davis
    Premium

Ratings:
    +109
    There should be a key default mapped to turn off real mirrors. Try the 3 or 4 key (not keypad).

6. Warren Schembri

Warren Schembri
    Premium

Ratings:
    +366
    I dont believe that there is a way to have virtual mirrors on and car default mirrors off.

Something that I have never been able to understand why this has not been programmed into the ISI gMotor engine

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Óscar Melero

Óscar Melero
    Premium

Ratings:
    +108
    Sector3 didn't implement this in R3E and I think Kunos didn't too in AC.

Agree this or disagree it, but I think it's basic as hell in a top notch sim.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +16,619
    By pressing the "3" button on your keyboard you can toggle several virtual mirrors on and off.

9. JoelGL

JoelGL

Ratings:
    +84
    Hi, is this the parameter Rearview="1" that turns on rearview? I presume the panel mirror in the image of this Ferrari is the real mirror, so how do I activate the virtual rearview at the top-center? Though @Bram's tip on pressing "3" works on this mirror.

Another example is the CART, I only have the side mirrors and no virtual mirror appearing at the center. How do I make it appear? Thanks in advance.

Attached Files: