1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Question about virtual mirrors

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Óscar Melero, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Any way of turning off real mirrors (mirrors in car) and turning on virtual mirrors (on top of screen)?

In some cars I cannot completely see the mirror in the cockpit view. Would be amazing if I can turn off the real ones and use the virtual ones in the cockpit view, like in iRacing.

Is it possible?

2. sorry double post

3. Yes you just have to go into your .plr file and turn on virtual mirrors,

4. It worked thx. But no way of using only virtual mirrors? I mean... turn off reals and turn on virtuals?

5. Justin Davis

Justin Davis
    Premium Member

There should be a key default mapped to turn off real mirrors. Try the 3 or 4 key (not keypad).

6. Warren Schembri

Warren Schembri
    Premium Member

I dont believe that there is a way to have virtual mirrors on and car default mirrors off.

Something that I have never been able to understand why this has not been programmed into the ISI gMotor engine

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Sector3 didn't implement this in R3E and I think Kunos didn't too in AC.

Agree this or disagree it, but I think it's basic as hell in a top notch sim.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

By pressing the "3" button on your keyboard you can toggle several virtual mirrors on and off.

9. Hi, is this the parameter Rearview="1" that turns on rearview? I presume the panel mirror in the image of this Ferrari is the real mirror, so how do I activate the virtual rearview at the top-center? Though @Bram's tip on pressing "3" works on this mirror.

Another example is the CART, I only have the side mirrors and no virtual mirror appearing at the center. How do I make it appear? Thanks in advance.

Attached Files: