• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Question about the opponents names

Discussion in 'Project CARS 2' started by Michael Sandee, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Michael Sandee

Michael Sandee

Ratings:
    +17
    Is there any way to change the names to real drivers? I'd like to do some real authentic races with real opponents and not the fake names. I think I found the files to change this but they are in BFF files. Is there software that is available to do this?

2. Prometheus1955

Prometheus1955

Ratings:
    +0
    They are real names

3. Kyle Pearson

Kyle Pearson

Ratings:
    +248
    You'd have to decrypt the game to change it (which technically violates the ToS). However, most of the names are WMD2 or SMS members. There are some fake names for fun in there, but they are very few.

4. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Retro PC Sim Racer Premium

Ratings:
    +3,047
    I see now. That's why the AI is diabolical. :laugh:;):whistling:

• Haha Haha x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright
    I may not be fast, but I'm wide! Premium

Ratings:
    +1,620
    Surely you knew he meant real race drivers, like Schumacher or Senna or Mansell. We dream of "racing" against those legendary names, I doubt many people dream of racing against random SMS employees. :rolleyes:

6. Kyle Pearson

Kyle Pearson

Ratings:
    +248
    No, most people believe those are all made up names. Some of them are, but the majority are not.

7. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright
    I may not be fast, but I'm wide! Premium

Ratings:
    +1,620
    But are they real race car drivers? That's what the OP was asking in the first sentence of his post, seemed pretty clear that he was probably wanting to change the names to famous drivers we've watched race over the years instead of names he's never heard of before.

8. Kyle Pearson

Kyle Pearson

Ratings:
    +248
    Well, my name is one and I'm a race driver... So are "all" the name race drivers? No. Are some race drivers? Yes.

9. Michael Sandee

Michael Sandee

Ratings:
    +17
    That's exactly what I meant, unfortunately I don't think is possible this game is so bloody limited when it comes to modding.