1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about puddle fix

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by EagleTwenty, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Hey all,

Does anyone know the so called "Water Reflexion Fix"???
    Because this was mentioned as a solution for the puddle probs etc.
    The real problems is, that the Page which had the article, which said what you have to change, if i remeber right it was only one line of programmcode, is down.
    So anyone still knows how this worked??

2. If you are refering to the puddles fix, it is varius solutions.
    It is true that just have to add "<track_info_system type="gpu" on the last line in your hardwaresettingsconfig.

But if just do that, you will see a massive FPS drop. You also need some other files, made by a guy called creatorx on the officials forums. http://community.codemasters.com/fo...9-fix-puddle-disappearing-52.html#post6854442
    After i used these files, I have steady game of 35-45 fps with my old Core 2 Duo 3.16Ghz and new Radeon 6950 card. Give it a try! :)
  3. Thank you all, i will try it today.
    @Dag Erik Lund
    Are you running in DX11 or DX9 mode?
  4. I'm in dx9. In dx11 it will be be lower fps of course. But dx9 is fine. To have puddles is very helpful in the rain:)
    But also drying line and rubbered in track. Better than this years marbles all over the track in the real world!
  5. Thread title updated. Please include the nature of your problem in the title, or people will not read it or respond to it.
  6. Thank you for posting that Dag, I will give this a go tonight. I have tried the CM fix before but of course couldn't stand the drop in fps. In case I have to go with DX9 mode to get enough fps what would I be missing from DX11?
  7. DX11: better shadows and better raindrops/spray. Graphics a little sharper overall. Loading times are much quicker.
  8. @James Chant
    Allright will keep it in mind, thank you for updating.

Will try it in DX11 mode and hope that it will still run^^
  9. Aha, thanks! Hopefully I get to stick with DX11 then!