F1 2011 Question about Microsoft Wheel

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi

I have been looking at getting a wheel for my Xbox and i am not that fussed about using pedals. I have been checking out a Microsoft One on Ebay just the wheel and was wondering if it can be used without the pedals ?

And if there is any suggestions on which is a good value priced wheel

Cheers

They are selling the wheel only? That seems odd.
Is this the MS Wireless Wheel? the one that clamps down to a table top and such.... not the new U wheel.

I have purchased many of these wheels in the past because they are not built to last. I have 3 pedal sets to match my 3 broken wheels... maybe i should put them up on ebay to match LOL

I assume you are in the UK. I'm in Canada so not sure it's worth shipping across the pond. but you never know.....

I actually think the build quality is pretty good considering how much they originally charged. They've been discontinued for 5 years now, though, so most models are slowly falling apart.

When you look at it that way you are right Ash. My first lasted 3-4 years without a problem. It was only when i started using the shifter paddles that i started running into problems. Luckily I am able to find used ones pretty cheaply around where i live so i can replace them easily enough. But, if i had to pay retail price for them i would have bought something a little more reliable by now.

In the past 6-ish months I have broken 3 paddle up shifters, 1 wheel lock, and 1set of X and Y buttons. I also have one that doesn't power up when plugged in using the adapter, but unfortunately i purchased it that way (lesson learned)

Yeah, mine occasionally shifts twice when using the paddles and on rare moments (mostly when it's been left on for a while) it decides to fire all the buttons off at once.

I've had it about 18 months now, though, and considering it must be at least five years told, I'd say it's in decent condition. Most of the problems are quite rare, for the time being anyway!

When you look at it that way you are right Ash. My first lasted 3-4 years without a problem. It was only when i started using the shifter paddles that i started running into problems. Luckily I am able to find used ones pretty cheaply around where i live so i can replace them easily enough. But, if i had to pay retail price for them i would have bought something a little more reliable by now.

In the past 6-ish months I have broken 3 paddle up shifters, 1 wheel lock, and 1set of X and Y buttons. I also have one that doesn't power up when plugged in using the adapter, but unfortunately i purchased it that way (lesson learned)
Are you particularly hard on your wheels Karl, that sounds like a lot of broken bits lol

I think just general wear and tear takes its toll on the plastic parts.

My downshifter broke. Fixed it but i now have no spring and instead have an elastic band attached to it via the steering column. I actually prefer it :)

Each to thier own but pedals are a must IMO if your going for a steering wheel. Completes the experiance.

Are you particularly hard on your wheels Karl, that sounds like a lot of broken bits lol

You might think i am hard on them, but i'm not really. The plastic shifters become a bit brittle i guess. They have little mounting pieces that brake off.... after that it's impossible to shift.
Like i say, I would have switched to something else by now if i couldn't find them in my area for $25-$30 a shot.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back