Question about iRacing?

Hi Guys,

Sorry if this has been posted already, couldn't really see anything about it though. iRacing is currently crossing my mind at the moment, with the 3 months for only £7.45 ($ --> £). But I have a few questions about it.

I understand that you go through the ranks etc etc, but how regular are the races? Can you literally just join a session and once it reaches a certain amount of people a race starts? Or are they scheduled for every Tuesday at 7pm for example? Don't want to pay if I hardly get to race :laugh:

Secondly, how much would it cost to start running in decent Oval races such as Indy or Nascar, (not the top series), just good average racing?

I did have a 3rd question, but it seems to have made its way out of my mind!

Thanks! :thumbsup:

EDIT: Just gone and bought the game 3 hours after this :D

As far as how often racing is depends on how popular the series is.

I don't do ovals, but for example the Skippy (a popular road D license series) has races every 2 hours and qualifying every hour.

If you want to keep your costs low, buy only what your need for the series you want to run.

They are also volume discounts when you buy a certain number of cars and tracks. They can be combined at time of purchase.

you dont have to buy all the content all at once, you could for just buy your base 3 months and work up to your D license ( took me 2 days for ovals ) then pick the car that you want to race to go from D-C so you can achieve your minimum promotion requirement to progress. the you could buy your tracks as you need them on a weekly/fortnightly basis

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back