Question about in game graphic

First this is the setting i use ->
LaAyR2H.jpg

But the graphic in game doesnt looks nice in any way .. what i had done wrong ??
MDpx5bk.jpg

Thanks

it runs well, yes, and all, but still think as @rauf00 put it, need to be up to speed with DX, it is unfortunate such a great game it still on DX9, and the graphics sometimes in game look aweful and remind me of good old days when i ran Sim on mu Thrustmaster T2!

DX offers the interface with which you can work with, it doesn't automatically bring any improvements. I bet most of what looks "old" in AMS has nothing to do with DX level. Some of the cockpit models for instance are from GSC times, quite old and low poly, that has nothing to do with DX. Any kind of modelling has null impact on DX. Track textures and detail has nothing to do with DX. Shaders can be written longer in DX10/11, but already DX9.0c shaders are quite complex. Raceroom and iRacing (until recently) used DX9 and iRacing frankly looks exactly the same to me on DX11 as it did half a year ago.

DX offers the interface with which you can work with, it doesn't automatically bring any improvements. I bet most of what looks "old" in AMS has nothing to do with DX level. Some of the cockpit models for instance are from GSC times, quite old and low poly, that has nothing to do with DX. Any kind of modelling has null impact on DX. Track textures and detail has nothing to do with DX. Shaders can be written longer in DX10/11, but already DX9.0c shaders are quite complex. Raceroom and iRacing (until recently) used DX9 and iRacing frankly looks exactly the same to me on DX11 as it did half a year ago.
I don't agree really, since DX9 is old tech and DX11 has so many advantages, so many changes and brings so many features, most important is DX11 is CPU and GPU heavy but results in lower FPS if hardware is not beefy enough. i think there are plenty of websites and techsites explaining DX9 to DX11 and why DX11 is the way to go, games and whatever else applications. but there was a reason and there is a reason why DX11 was developed.
(one of the main features "tessellation" but needs to be addressed and well implementes) and then after all the aboveis DX12. problem simply is, that a studio does not have endless budget or massive budget to develop and keep up with M$, so we don't really see or get to see what is possible, BUT there are very few studios (call them companie or software devs) out there who do in fact try to drive beside DX development, even if not successful but are trying and some results are very noticable and worth it. BUT for me personally, would like a little better graphics and still have great physics like they do, but really graphics need to be where we are today. (look at WRC 5 when it got released, the reviews took them apart and tore them a new one, and they thought they would do "ok" and it was only for the good of the consumer that messages and reviews echoed reached FIA and them turning the screws on Kylotonn)
anyways, I do think even though it might not seem or be easy, AMS, rF2 and R3E should push and update their graphic engines, it will draw a much bigger crowd to them, and fanbase will still stick with them. same echo in their respective forums, BUT we are all on the same page, FFB/ system in the above especially AMS and rF2 are wonderful!

Last edited:
I have only driven a few tracks since v1.0 and they are great. My issue so far is with Kansai track that jagged lines are so noticeable. You can see it right away coming out of the pits.

(win10/64bit, i7-4790k, gtx970)

i tried what others have written about and noted/ pointed out, and actually worked for me. (tried it twice with original file and without the file/ renamed file) stutters/ problems only when original file is there, no stutters and no problems without the file. of course don't know for sure or what it means, but worked for me.
taking the DLL for DynHUD -> "d3d9.dll" simply rename to "d3d9.dll_original" and no more FPS problems.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 135 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 72 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 141 13.8%