Question about in game graphic

First this is the setting i use ->
LaAyR2H.jpg

But the graphic in game doesnt looks nice in any way .. what i had done wrong ??
MDpx5bk.jpg

Thanks

Most of the post-processing FX of today simply aren't available to use in DX9 and even if they were, they would probably cost too much performance to implement in DX9. I hope Reiza are still considering a new DX11 engine, but technically it's a big task to go through 10 years of ISI code and make it seamlessly work with a new graphics engine, much bigger task than people realize. So far what Reiza has done is mostly modding of existing engine, but this is basically cracking everything open from inside. I've yet to see any developer successfully move an ISImotor game to DX11, even Sector3 is still sticking with the old DX9 stuff.
And Sector 3 started testing with Unreal Engine 4 months ago
P Cars example above is one more point.
iRacing example is also one more point (aren't they using even older base than isimotor 2.0?)
Folks... this is coding, the right brain can make stuff happen, just saying.

And Sector 3 started testing with Unreal Engine 4 months ago
P Cars example above is one more point.
iRacing example is also one more point (aren't they using even older base than isimotor 2.0?)
Folks... this is coding, the right brain can make stuff happen, just saying.
Yep i wonder how closely tied are gMotor and pMotor... If there is an API making it bit easier to implement new graphic engine instead of gMotor. Well it was done before, let's hope guys in Reiza will find solution working for them

I just don't get it I'm sorry but I jump on assetto pcars etc and think wow its pretty but to me it feels like crap , sound is crap and sense of speed is crap, no adrenalin when I race.

I jump on AMS and the FFB is freaking amazing and with the NVidia inspector it looks completely adequate, sense of speed and adrenalin is amazing and it sounds good too (not as good as Raceroom but plenty good enough).

What I would like to know from the guys that actually prefer Assetto is what wheels are you guys using because if you are using a G27 then sorry you have no idea what you are missing on AMS with a wheel like the Fanatec V2. I have used a G27,25 and they are a toy.

Just my rant
P.S I have run 1300 hours on Assetto so I believe I'm a qualified to compare but again this is just my opinion:)

As I said in a post in Reiza forum: Even if Reiza directed 100% of their focus to graphics now it does not mean they'd be cursed by Angelina Jolie appearing at their office dessed as Maleficent and saying "Your physics and FFB from now on will become poop, because I want". Games with good graphics and poor physics were made to be that way. I'd like to know where the sense of improving one makes the other automatically bad comes from :cautious: :D

Last edited:
How to enable nVidia SLI? "SLI compatibility bits" for automobilista (AMS) how do you know which one to use? there is a big list...will post also screenshots (I am running 2x NVIDIA GTX TITAN X in SLI):

after the changes made was getting massive stutters and problems all along, and FPS was going up to 90, then to 60 and all the way to 20 FPS, on Spa, Montreal, Bathurst, with BOXER vehicles, full grid - just to test it out.

Attachments

• PC_specs.png
    PC_specs.png
    20.3 KB · Views: 261
  • nvidia_inspector.png
    nvidia_inspector.png
    166.8 KB · Views: 247
  • nvidia_control_panel (1).png
    nvidia_control_panel (1).png
    47.1 KB · Views: 247
  • nvidia_control_panel (2).png
    nvidia_control_panel (2).png
    45.1 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
and here is the rest of screenshots of the "nVidia Profile Inspector" and "Config.ini" out of the root AMS folder.

Attachments

• nvidia_profile_inspector (1).png
    nvidia_profile_inspector (1).png
    381.9 KB · Views: 306
  • nvidia_profile_inspector (2).png
    nvidia_profile_inspector (2).png
    326.2 KB · Views: 362
  • nvidia_profile_inspector (3).png
    nvidia_profile_inspector (3).png
    329.6 KB · Views: 318
  • nvidia_profile_inspector (4).png
    nvidia_profile_inspector (4).png
    336.2 KB · Views: 263
  • nvidia_profile_inspector (5).png
    nvidia_profile_inspector (5).png
    372.9 KB · Views: 318
  • nvidia_profile_inspector (6).png
    nvidia_profile_inspector (6).png
    371.7 KB · Views: 301
  • Config.ini
    1.3 KB · Views: 247
so after several tests and trying, not much is happening, as soon as i change settings from recommended settings in AMS, (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista\Support \Automobilista_User_Guide_EN.pdf) the game does NOT load, only black screen and goes back to desktop with GMOTOR2 ERROR -> something with ROADSDA, and i do not have any MODS in there either, also have done the STEAM INTEGRITY CHECK, along with "config.ini" redo/ reset. (had all original files backed up)
does anyone have any ideas what i can do to get the graphics changed to test higher settings? i think my PC can handle it and would like to give it a try at least. (32GB ram, nvidia gtx titan x 2-SLI, i7-5930k with SSD drives)
AMS (1).png AMS (3).png AMS (4).png AMS (5).png AMS (6).png AMS (7).png AMS (8).png AMS (9).png AMS (10).png
i hope someone can help, otherwise will reinstall and try again. could it be SLI related? that i have my system in SLI?

the attempt to go to 16xQ (16x Multisampling) from 8xQ (8x Multisampling) in nvidia profile inspector and start the game results in crash to desktop and and completely frozen UI.
(2x, 4x or 8x sparse grid supersampling, does not cause crashing or frozen game)

...this is so far what i found out, wish fresh installation and following manual of AMS. (and still haven't found if there is SLI compatibility bits for SLI usage and which bits to use for AMS)

perhaps something to read about antialiasing ... am sure there is more out there to read and understand, but it rather seems to cause some complete hang ups/ freezing of game with AMS when you attempt to start with anything but 8xQ.
So either setup/ go with what REIZA instructs and don't change since nothing higher works and game freezes/ hangs up.
https://forums.geforce.com/default/...ialising-setings-for-the-best-image-quality-/

fresh installation of AMS, I have tested on 2x PC's (computers) now:
( 1 ) Win 8.1 + 2x SLI Nvidia GTX Titan X
( 2 ) Win 10 + Nvidia GTX 1080

and same results! anything above 8xQ freezes and hangs the game. the rest exactly by the book and by the instructions of AMS manual (PDF).

Last edited:
aid_3587_1.jpg

In Nvidia control panel enable 4.00x DRS. Then you'll get 3840x2160 as a resolution option in the game's config. *Disable* all anti aliasing settings. Now your PC will render the game at 4k and downsample it, this will make everything ultra smooth.

aid_3587_1.jpg

In Nvidia control panel enable 4.00x DRS. Then you'll get 3840x2160 as a resolution option in the game's config. *Disable* all anti aliasing settings. Now your PC will render the game at 4k and downsample it, this will make everything ultra smooth.

i don't have and did not find Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR) in my NVIDIA control panel?:O_o::confused: you can see in post#29 above my screenshots, but no DSR...is that something to activate?

*** okay found it in general settings :whistling: do i do anything with DSR smoothness?

Last edited:
@jlnprssnr, DSR works like a charm, until you add a complete fleet of vehicles for a race or practice, even with my machine/ hardware, it dropped to 1 FPS :) LOL not sure why, but had turned off all ANTALIASING stuff...
is the DSR in global settings, 4x FACTOR something which automatically applies to all games then? just curious how it works, if i should test this with rF2, R3E and AC too?

what i had done wrong ??

Answering the main OP question, in short we are in 2016.
It's been few months since Vulcan (open API) and a year since DX12 show up. New possibilities like much better threads usage which is highly reworded for any strategy game or simulator having lot of AIs, physics and other CPU heavy calculations. DX11 is a past due to its limitations, still in mainstream but already dated.

And now we got the game on DX9...

Really love AMS and dev efforts, but honestly guys we need to move. :whistling:

Answering the main OP question, in short we are in 2016.
It's been few months since Vulcan (open API) and a year since DX12 show up. New possibilities like much better threads usage which is highly reworded for any strategy game or simulator having lot of AIs, physics and other CPU heavy calculations. DX11 is a past due to its limitations, still in mainstream but already dated.

And now we got the game on DX9...

Really love AMS and dev efforts, but honestly guys we need to move. :whistling:

It's still a very short list of games that use DX12 as of today and even shorter list that uses Vulcan, even the big budget studios with hundreds of thousands of money to spend haven't moved to it, so we can't expect indie devs do it first. I have no problems with AMS graphics whatsoever except for this slight annoyance that you can't adjust AA in-game with SweetFX. Maybe Reiza could consider coding an in-built post-processing implementation as in rF2, that would circumvent problems like no AA available. DX12 would improve performance for sure, but AMS already runs quite well, so not much impact in this aspect either.

@fortyfivekev very true :) no i am not moaning about AMS, just something to consider for next hopefully series from Reiza, including supporting systems with SLI...we are 2016, SLI is nothing new, and many people use SLI. (why not take advantage if it!?!!)
many times it has been said and stated, and I fully agree, physics and FFB is an absolute joy, so that's why even with DX9 this game is fantastic and even though it lacks big time in graphics or being eye candy, the simple fact that it brings so much joy and fun to drive in AMS you quickly forget all abou the graphics. (until the moment you want to watch your hotlap or your replay :confused::whistling: then...)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 98 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 74 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 78 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 50 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 108 13.7%