F1 2011 Question About "Equal" Performance.

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I Joined a race recently on Valencia where the host had set all of the cars to equal performance. I was driving a Williams which I am also driving in the career. So I chose the setup I had for Valencia. The car did not seem to perform anywhere near the same as I remember, even in the long straight it did not reach the rev limit. When Equal is chosen does that negate all setups? If not then is there one specific car that all others are equal to, so we should tune for that car? If it does negate setups then why let us choose one?

I Joined a race recently on Valencia where the host had set all of the cars to equal performance. I was driving a Williams which I am also driving in the career. So I chose the setup I had for Valencia. The car did not seem to perform anywhere near the same as I remember, even in the long straight it did not reach the rev limit. When Equal is chosen does that negate all setups? If not then is there one specific car that all others are equal to, so we should tune for that car? If it does negate setups then why let us choose one?

The Setup has nothing to do .You can change what you want.Equal performance means that all cars are identical. In version 2010 was like that,when you join equal performance race all cars are Red Bull.CM stated this. In your case two different cars with the same setup feel very different. You aren't driving a williams , even if you're sitting in it :)

Career Williams in 1st season is completely different car from Williams in Grand Prix, which is again completely different then Williams played online if cars are set to 'equal'.

In F1 2010 'equal' cars were based on Red Bull, don't know if the same was confirmed for this year.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%