• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Question About Custom Wheels on a Fanatec Wheelbases

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Rinax89, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Rinax89

Rinax89

Ratings:
    +4
    Hi there! I just want to follow question to my previous post (http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...-a-thrustmaser-wheelbase.142659/#post-2613427), this time with another question relating to Fanatec wheelbases; are Fanatec wheelbases like Thrustmasters? Where in I need not worry about connecting the original wheel to have it recognized when using custom wheels/rims?

As I am now in the cusp of upgrading from my Logitech G920 (which I had to have the original wheel/rim PCB in order for my custom F1 rim to work with FFB), but now I'm torn between a Thrusmaster or a Fanatec wheelbase and pedal set.

Thanks in advance, mates!

2. demetri

demetri
    Premium

Ratings:
    +81
    If you want to use a custom rim you will have to get their universal hub ($300) and attach the rim to it. Or get any other rim, disassemble it and reuse quick release and all the electronic parts in your custom rim. FFB does not work without a recognized rim attached

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rinax89

Rinax89

Ratings:
    +4
    I see, I see, I guess I'm starting to really lean towards a Thrustmaster then lol

Thanks for the info, mate!