Question about AC races before going Premium ;)

First of all, hello to everyone! I'm a new member

I couldn't decide where to ask this, wheher in AC subforum or here. Ended up here though. I'm considering to become a premium member to join AC races online. Which assist options the servers in which this site use limits? I often use Pro preset. When I tried to disable factory ABS and traction, I ended up in the wall numerous of times in some cars. I figured it's best to ask first.

Hi there Siyah,

In all of our clubs we use the factory assist settings in the cars (unless otherwise specified). So if a car has ABS available in real life, then we'll have it available in the server. Of course it can be toggled on or off depending on your personal preference. We don't usual force assists on or off.

Things like stability control and such aren't ever used because (at least in AC) it's usually crudely implemented and makes the driving incredibly unrealistic. Since the clubs are all about having fun and learning, you're not going learn much with stability control enabled.

Hope to see you on track soon :)
Cheers,
Chris.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your help. Honestly, the moment I've first run the game I closed stability assist. I don't even know how or is realistic. If I'm not mistaken race line is a personal choice and not a determined thing on the server side of things. Other than that everything seems great.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your help. Honestly, the moment I've first run the game I closed stability assist. I don't even know how or is realistic. If I'm not mistaken race line is a personal choice and not a determined thing on the server side of things. Other than that everything seems great.
@Siyah you're on the right track using the Pro setting as that is the most commonly used preset in club races. I will make a suggestion: turn tire blankets on. We use them frequently and they help quite a bit getting up to speed quickly as you would imagine they would. Burning a lap just getting up to temperature on your tires is a bit tedious (albeit realistic if you're running a car that would not have tire blankets in it's real form).

You are mostly correct on racing line choice too. It is dependent both on driver and car. When you run your first club race you'll definitely see a variety of styles and lines. I've always discovered I can find tenths and sometimes seconds by watching a faster driver go around with the pedal app turned on. Quite handy when I'm uncovering the secrets of the aliens on the track :alien:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back