Qualifying ?’s: AI clock observance, finish session button

Advanced apologies as I’m assuming this has been asked before. Didn't see it searching though. What’s the deal with how the AI cars observe the clock in qualifying sessions? I just don’t get it. Why do the AI go out onto the track sometimes minutes after the clock has expired for the session? I’m assuming this is just a flaw in how the game engine handles these sessions but I thought I’d ask in case it’s not and I’m just missing something.

And on a related note, can anyone explain how the ‘finish session’ button currently behaves? I’m having a hard time seeing any logic to it. Most often it accelerates the clock down to some small(ish) value of time remaining then reverts back to normal time with ‘finish session’ then becoming inactive and doing nothing if you click on it again. Why? Occasionally though, I’ve had the finish session button take the clock all the way down to zero. Even when it does this, you still have to wait for the AI to go through their “post-zero” out/in behavior before ‘skip session’ changes to ‘next session.’ Overall, just a seemingly very inconsistent experience that has me confused.

"Most often it accelerates the clock down to some small(ish) value of time remaining then reverts back to normal time with ‘finish session’ then becoming inactive and doing nothing if you click on it again. "

It's a bug, it'll be fixed in today's coming hotfix, it should continue until all vehicles have finished.. If you skip session you get put to the back of the grid usually.

Thanks for the info Alex and thanks to the whole team for their continued work with today's hotfix. Your mention here and the bullet point in the release notes does indeed explain what I was seeing with the finish session button.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back