F1 2012 Quali

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi,

I appear to be really struggling in qualification but have plenty of pace in the race.

Does anyone else find the AI times far to quick to compete with in quali compared to the race?

Any tips for quali if it's not the AI pace being different, would be appreciated.

thanks for the replies.

For example in china quick race 50%, I qualified with Alonso in 14th (1.38.1) or something like that. The AI however were doing 1.37.0's in Q2! In the race I finished 3rd!

I seem to just be miles off the pace in quali. I feel like I am driving pretty good clean laps tho.

Hmmm, best theory I could come up with is that : Quali AI posts really good times, but actual AI performance is lower than what you can expect.

That kinda happens, because you know, AI can't do "extra" naughty stuff on track. :>

Well, I'm a bad qualifier too, but the AI in this game sucks in Qualifying. They have a lot better Race pace than Qualifying pace. You just need to work on your Q pace. :) And maybe you have too racy setup. Try a Q setup and you might qualify well. :p

Ah see I'm decent at qualifying but when it comes to the race I'm a good second a lap slower than say, my team mate. Thankfully I can still get myself high enough up the grid on the first lap and spend the rest of it holding people off. I'm now an expert defensive driver because of it :p

It's interesting how every driver's experience varies. I'm lucky that for every race I've done (3 in my career so far), I've had different results in quali, but managed to meet the objective of +2 or +3 postions in race. I'm also just ahead of my TR teammate, and for the 1st time in the F1 series, he's proving to be a bit of a challenge! :)

Maybe the difference lies in the fact that I now take the time to adjust track difficulty to my level by doing a few test quick races?

Well, I can hold off against my own in an AI difficulty that's a little higher than what my quali times I can do.

I can race against professional difficulty AI, but I cannot qualify with them. Their race pace is my quali times. xD

But then again, I may not be racing them because I create a 7 stack train of cars behind me everytime.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back