Quad (Multiple) Processors and Race 07 CPU Affinity

Looking at my CPU usage when I am running race 07, it only seems to use one core of my quad core CPU ie. one of my four cpu cores is running at up to around 90-odd% utilisation , whilst the other 3 sit there relatively idle.

... which kinda sucks :Cry:

When I check the "affinity" of the Race process when it is running from within task manager, it shows all 4 cores as being selected, yet it is clearly only hammering one core.

So ... this would seem to me that despite being able to use any one of the four cores, Race 07 is not able to take any advantage of using multiple cores whilst running (ie it is given one core by the O/S and sticks with it until you quit the game)
Am I right here or can someone (Marcel, here's your chance :wink:) maybe tell me that there is a fantasticly simple fix for this? :wink:

Strangely, last night I did a very quick test after writing the above, setting Race´s affinity to all 4 cores using the set affinity tool it seemed to spread the load fairly evenly across all 4 cores, as I would have expected ... was too tired to do any more testing (ie. just setting affinity with task manager to see if there was any difference). Maybe later today I will get chance - odd that one day it I am locked into one core, another I get given all four - maybe just a glitch the other day, or maybe the set affinity tool has some magical powers?? :wink:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back