Misc Python .kn5 Extractor [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The tail end of the kn5 is all the 3d models and material definitions, I haven't looked into how they're structured yet so I can't really build new kn5s with any rate of success. I'm just planning to wait for Kunos's modding tools really, it's silly to reverse engineer the file formats when they're planning to hand out tools to do the same thing. Textures happen to be fairly straightforward.

Same goes for data.acd - I know enough about it to pull files out of some of them, and tweak cars a bit, but it's really not user friendly enough to release, and anyway I imagine Kunos is planning to hand out something for editing them.

It was explained in the original post that installing Python would be up to you....you would be needed to do this.

You cannot run a Python script without Python installed on the system first.

I found the problem!
I was using python 3.x, but this script is for python 2.7.x.
It's not compatibile... but I'm starting understanding something, and I suppose I can successfully convert it to python 3. ;)

Ok, I known nothing about Python before looking at this script, but luckily I'm a Java programmer with Internet connection, so I could manage it myself! :D

The script I link here is modified to work with Python 3.x (I think no more with Python 2.7.x)
http://www.patcha.it/Terzi/kn5_extract3.rar

Note: I put number 3 at the end of the script's file name, so you should add it in the script's command, too...
Note2: it's only for Python 3.x users!

if you extract a map or a car kn5 file you only gets the dds files i don't see any obj or whatever there is used for modeling tracks or cars. Anybody any experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back