1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Public Server UP, tracks

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

Currently running
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM PUBS
    Car: WTCC 06/07
    Tracks: Zandvoort, Falkenberg, Portimao, Anderstorp
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07, RaceRoom
    Event: 30mins Qualification, 10 laps Race

Information
    One of the things RaceDepartment is doing is adding public servers as we go premium. We will have a no password, multiple track single class server up 24/7 that will be changed somewhat regularly. We have a 30 minute quali session followed by a 10 lap race. Tracks right now are Anderstorp, Brands and Curituba for WTCC 06/07.

I put this up yesterday and at about 20:00 gmt people started using it, full grids for the first races and yes, there were incidents. There were also calls for advancing to the next session, swearing and calls for drivers to be kicked. I did kick some by going on the DS but none of the votes were successful for kick or advance.

We hope that some of the drivers looking for better racing will find our other servers and drop in to see what we're about. Hopefully this will make our club racing better. Please use the server for fun once in a while, yesterdays races for me were fun though I did get bounced a bit but coming in second for me from a well populated grid in one event was appreciated! Other DR drivers have already been on also, give it a try once in a while. Using the same car over and over, same tracks gets a car squared away quickly!

I plan on dropping in during quali sessions when I can and if there are calls to kick a bad driver to oblige the drivers the way it's done in some of the other public servers. I'll be there with my real name and possibly add a a tag so it looks like "[RD] Dennis Phelan". If you're on and there is a wrecker, please send me a PM and If I get it in time, as I'm here on and off all day, I'll kick a bad player.

I've also considered this public server format of quick quali sessions and short races for club use. If you like that idea post in Bjorn's thread "A race a day". It could also be nice to "storm" the public as a group for a bit making sure that kick votes get passed for the right drivers. This might be good if we have a day with low turnout or after a race event.

• Like Like x 7
  2. John Grant

John Grant
    Dont Rub me up the wrong way Premium Member

I also took part in races late last night, wow what a surprise, but yes Dennis maybe all RD members using it should have RD behind their Name, this will make racing more stable and i think racers will be aware they get kicked if not obeying rules,
    Good work

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

New tracks u:
    Estoril
    Imola
    Istanbul
    Many Cours
    Macau

4. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

New tracks up:
    • Pau
    • Monza
    • Hockenheim
    • Brands Hatch

5. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

New tracks up:
    • Zandvoort
    • Falkenberg
    • Portimao
    • Anderstorp

6. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

New tracks up:
    • Zandvoort
    • Monza ?
    • Anderstorp

7. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Nord's, you know the regular pub's thing.