ptracker

Apps ptracker 3.4.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hey. So I am unsure where to find any documentation on this, so I'll ask here. :)

If I'm playing on a MP server with stracker turned on, and I have ptracker on my ac client, can I connect with a third computer, on my LAN to view live stats from a browser?

If this stracker server has http support enabled, yes. The server admin should be able to point you to the web address to be used.

Neys updated ptracker with a new update entry:

3.0.0-experimental: more leaderboard information, ptracker/stracker protocol optimizations

This version is mainly for testing the new ptracker/stracker protocol to see if it really addresses the warping issues reported by Marty.

ChangeLog:
  • add display of tyre type in leaderboard (configurable, default on)
  • add display of number of laps in leaderboard (configurable, default off)
  • add display of team in leaderboard (configurable, default off)
  • optimize the stracker/ptracker protocol
  • upgrade to sqlite 3.08.11.1 for better performance

Read the rest of this update entry...

Great you picked up the idea with the laps column, thanks!
I'd like to report what i noticed today:

a) From the stracker.ini:
----
[HTTP_CONFIG]
; icon to be used in webpages (leave empty for default Assetto Corsa icon)
banner =
----

If i put there my own banner_xyz.png it doesn't work. Even when i give the path with
banner = /img/banner_xyz.png stracker doesn't load. Hmm, while writing i noticed that i didn't try banner = img/banner_xyz.png , is the http folder the root? Or absolutely root: /server/cfg/http_static/img/banner_xyz.png?

b1) Under Ubuntu/Firefox i get this errors when i try to access the admin page from within a iframe:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python33\lib\site-packages\cherrypy\_cprequest.py", line 667, in respond
File "C:\Python33\lib\site-packages\cherrypy\_cprequest.py", line 114, in run
File "C:\Python33\lib\site-packages\cherrypy\_cprequest.py", line 104, in run
File "C:\Python33\lib\site-packages\cherrypy\_cprequest.py", line 63, in __call__
File "C:\Python33\lib\site-packages\cherrypy\lib\auth_digest.py", line 390, in digest_auth
cherrypy._cperror.HTTPError: (401, 'You are not authorized to access that resource')

When i call the admin page normally, NOT from an iframe, it works. After auth once this way, i was able to enter the admin page from within the iframe without the error.

b2) No Problem with Win7/Firefox :whistling:

c) There's a typo at the button "Manage champioship point schemata" ;)

Thanks and where's the donation button for this excellent work?

a) From the stracker.ini:
----
[HTTP_CONFIG]
; icon to be used in webpages (leave empty for default Assetto Corsa icon)
banner =
----

If i put there my own banner_xyz.png it doesn't work. Even when i give the path with
banner = /img/banner_xyz.png stracker doesn't load. Hmm, while writing i noticed that i didn't try banner = img/banner_xyz.png , is the http folder the root? Or absolutely root: /server/cfg/http_static/img/banner_xyz.png?

The root is whatever the working directory of the stracker application is, in the majority of cases, this is the directory of the stracker application. It really depends on how you start stracker. An absolute path shall always be working...

b1) Under Ubuntu/Firefox i get this errors when i try to access the admin page from within a iframe:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python33\lib\site-packages\cherrypy\_cprequest.py", line 667, in respond
File "C:\Python33\lib\site-packages\cherrypy\_cprequest.py", line 114, in run
File "C:\Python33\lib\site-packages\cherrypy\_cprequest.py", line 104, in run
File "C:\Python33\lib\site-packages\cherrypy\_cprequest.py", line 63, in __call__
File "C:\Python33\lib\site-packages\cherrypy\lib\auth_digest.py", line 390, in digest_auth
cherrypy._cperror.HTTPError: (401, 'You are not authorized to access that resource')

When i call the admin page normally, NOT from an iframe, it works. After auth once this way, i was able to enter the admin page from within the iframe without the error.

b2) No Problem with Win7/Firefox :whistling:

I fear that this is way beyond my HTML knowledge. I have no idea how I could address this issue :)

c) There's a typo at the button "Manage champioship point schemata" ;)

Thanks and where's the donation button for this excellent work?

I might set up an (optional) flattr icon on the http server in 3.x. Don't like the "usual" company used for donations, so this will be a no-go :)

Neys updated ptracker with a new update entry:

3.0.2-experimental: Optimizations in stracker / ptracker protocol

This is an update for ptracker addressing network performance issues observed with older versions when connected to stracker.

Many people have asked, so I placed a donation link in the overview page. I'd appreciate, if you'd buy me a beer :)

ChangeLog:
  • new database version 20 (relevant only for stracker)
  • automatic reconnect when stracker has been restarted.
  • optimizations in stracker / ptracker protocol

Read the rest of this update entry...

What functionality gets lost if I run ptracker on a server that doesn't have stracker? Will I still see driver names and live timing?

What functionality gets lost if I run ptracker on a server that doesn't have stracker? Will I still see driver names and live timing?

Reliability of lap times suffers quite a lot when doing this - I'd really recommend to run stracker on the server... Still you're in principle able to have the leaderboard and the live timing...

Hi Neys,
we did our first league race today. So far so good, i imported the 2 race sessions into the championship (2x Sprint race). The driver table is showing correctly, but no team standings? I made a group for every Team and assigned the drivers to it. Additionally i wrote the team name in the entry_list too. But the team table is empty, any idea what i have to do additionally?

Please have a look here: http://manager.rackservice.org:50731/championship

The sessions have been assigned to the team table, but there´s no ranking.... thanks a lot!

Teams and groups are different concepts. You can set the team names in the admin area of the Championship tab ("Manage Teams"). Enter a team name there and it should work, I don't know why the entry list information has not been taken; maybe this is a bug in 3.0.x.

HTH Neys

Ahh, got it now. It´s the "Manage" Button at the Championship table. Here you can define the Team Names after the first event. Thanks! :)
Another question: Championship Table: Is it possible to stretch the Column of the Driver/Team Names a bit so they would fit into one line instead of 2 as it is now?

Sorry, dont want to jangle on your nerves: The stracker.ini offers to place a custom logo instead of the AC Logo. But this doesn´t work. The variable "banner" in the ini will not be recognized, doesn´t work for me. All i can do is to rename our banner to banner.png. It works then a few hours, but - under circumstances i dont understand - this file will overwritten with the original AC Logo.

Anyone any idea why this happens?

It does work for me. At each stracker start the banner.png will be overwritten by the configured banner. IDK why this doesn't work for you. Did you try absolute paths?

Would it be possible to display the car names next to the driver names, it helps when im trying to moderate a server or talk to people on teamspeak about a race, mainly because i need to quickly see the placements of cars that im helping to mod into the game.

It does work for me. At each stracker start the banner.png will be overwritten by the configured banner. IDK why this doesn't work for you. Did you try absolute paths?
Not yet. To be honest, i struggled with the correct path. I overwrote now the assettocorsa.png. Until now it works... Thanks for reply..

BTW: It is that easy to assign the teams via the Manage-Button in the admin panel, forget about reading the entry_list for that reason ;)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back