ptracker

Apps ptracker 3.4.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Ouch! :( That surely sounds way more advanced that i would like it to be :p
Thanks Jempy, maybe it gets solved itself with a fresh windows install, the day i format my pc again....arrgghh
Thanks guys for the effort ;)

You surely have a problem in your Python.... as I found on the web a similar problem after searching for this: "
OpenKey() argument 2 must be str without null characters or None, not str".

The reason of the problem was: keys with embedded nulls in their names ( a kind of Python bug as I may understand but I'm no expert in those PC matters ).

How to solve that seems difficult for a noob as it seems the problem is to be found in the Windows Registry.
If you're good at it: search with the same words as mine above and you'll find what you need in the search result with this title name:
I must be missing something obvious in installing Python 3.4.2

Clicking next message ... will lead you to the solution of this problem.

"Clicking next message..." did NOT lead to a solution. I am comfortable with regedit, so how to I modify the registry entry to fix the prob, i.e., please post the exact change in the line "OpenKey() argument 2 must be str without null characters or None, not str" Thanks.

UPDATE: Ctrl-F in regedit does not find that line. Is there a line in the registry that I can change to solve this vexing problem? Or am I doomed to wait until The Powers That Be recognize, admit and fix this issue?

OR (new tack): would reinstalling Python help? And, if so, which ver of Python (there seems to be dozens).

Last edited:
You do have to click "next message" a few times until you find the one with the solution. ;)
I'm not sure any longer, but is this Python version not included when installing Assetto Corsa, if I'm not wrong ?
In this case, just uninstall AC, cleaning the registry and reinstall AC might do the trick.

I know it's not pleasant but not less pleasant than to have to reassign all controls and buttons on your wheel for X sims after a crazy missed Win10 update ! :(

I'm not sure any longer, but is this Python version not included when installing Assetto Corsa, if I'm not wrong ? In this case, just uninstall AC, cleaning the registry and reinstall AC might do the trick.

Yes, I recall PT installing Python @ the original PT install, but since the prob seems to lie within Python rather than within PT or AC, I thought I might try reinstalling Python first. Also because where I live, it takes several hours to d/l AC. If that doesn't work, I might just wait for the next AC update (1.15.3? Hope it includes Laguna Seca!) I sure do miss PT, though. It's like having Alonso in the car with me.

Yes, I recall PT installing Python @ the original PT install, but since the prob seems to lie within Python rather than within PT or AC, I thought I might try reinstalling Python first. Also because where I live, it takes several hours to d/l AC. If that doesn't work, I might just wait for the next AC update (1.15.3? Hope it includes Laguna Seca!) I sure do miss PT, though. It's like having Alonso in the car with me.

Actually it seems to be neither a python nor an AC problem, but a problem with your registry. The solution might be in this message

https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2015-January/683923.html

found in the thread of fellow @Jempy :)

Thanks for your answer, Neys ... you have more knowledge about this than I might have ...
Much more for sure ....as I'm totally noob in those kinds of matter. :laugh:

NB: by the way ... could you answer my question in the Stracker thread ?
Thanks in advance, @Neys

Ptracker does not work for me. App icons do not show in apps bar ingame. Of course the app is on in the settings. Please help me.

Attachments

• ptracker-exe-stdout.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 307
  • py_log.txt
    3.5 KB · Views: 315
Thanks, Neys. Sounds kinda hairy, but I'll create a restore point and give it a try.
@Neys: No luck. Despite my best efforts, Win 10 won't let me run RegDelNull as administrator. Attached is my py log (disguised with a .txt extension). Please help, I'm BEGGING you!

Attachments

• ptracker.py.txt
    12.6 KB · Views: 384
@Neys: No luck. Despite my best efforts, Win 10 won't let me run RegDelNull as administrator. Attached is my py log (disguised with a .txt extension). Please help, I'm BEGGING you!

Try to start cmd as administrator (open start menu, type cmd, right click on the cmd icon, click on run as admin). Then, type

C:\the\path\to\regdelnull hklm -s

where you should replace the path to the downloaded .exe with the full path. And repeat hkcr, hkcu, hku, and hkcc instead of hklm

If you don't manage to do that, ask a friend with some computer knowledge to help you ;)

Thanks again, Neys. I should have "some computer knowledge;" I was the founding Editor of PC Computing magazine. Of course that was back in the day (1977); but I did have a pretty good grasp of DOS! ;-)

My prob with Win 10 is that I have a Dell 8910 that has installed its own version of Win 10. So the Start button doesn't bring up an open field to type in to get to a cmd icon. I can find my way to the C:\ prompt, but can't run diddley-squat as an administrator. I will keep trying...but only because ptracker is the most valuable pgm in my arsenal.

Thanks again, Neys. I should have "some computer knowledge;" I was the founding Editor of PC Computing magazine. Of course that was back in the day (1977); but I did have a pretty good grasp of DOS! ;-)

My prob with Win 10 is that I have a Dell 8910 that has installed its own version of Win 10. So the Start button doesn't bring up an open field to type in to get to a cmd icon. I can find my way to the C:\ prompt, but can't run diddley-squat as an administrator. I will keep trying...but only because ptracker is the most valuable pgm in my arsenal.
you can also locate cmd.exe with explorer and right click it there, should be in C:\windows\system32

Try to start cmd as administrator (open start menu, type cmd, right click on the cmd icon, click on run as admin). Then, type

where you should replace the path to the downloaded .exe with the full path. And repeat hkcr, hkcu, hku, and hkcc instead of hklm

If you don't manage to do that, ask a friend with some computer knowledge to help you ;)

I tried your solution and it works. Thanks!

I managed to do exactly as you said, regdelnull responded with "scan complete" in each instance (hklm, hkcr, hku and hkcc), I exited, rebooted, launched ac, but still got the red message of death. Reinstalled ptracker (v3.4) and reran regdelnull, but still no luck. I am attaching the .py file (as a .txt), but note to my dismay that its date doesn't match that of the re-install. Anything you can do to help will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

• ptracker.py.txt
    12.6 KB · Views: 216
I managed to do exactly as you said, regdelnull responded with "scan complete" in each instance (hklm, hkcr, hku and hkcc), I exited, rebooted, launched ac, but still got the red message of death. Reinstalled ptracker (v3.4) and reran regdelnull, but still no luck. I am attaching the .py file (as a .txt), but note to my dismay that its date doesn't match that of the re-install. Anything you can do to help will be much appreciated. Thank you.
This is not the log file, but ptracker.py :)

Hmm the original error seems to be fixed but now there is a new one "the application requires elevation". I remember someone having this error but I don't remember how to solve it. Anyone?

Greetings
Neys

the application requires elevation

Isn't it only a question of starting with admin rights ? .... that's the kind of message I get when starting a gtr2wx.exe ( forgetting it's needed ).
Starting with admin rights solves the "problem" ...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back