ptracker

Apps ptracker 3.4.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi there. Thanks for the work you put into this useful app.

It has been a while since I have used it (before the installer was an exe :D), and now I get an error from Kaspersky. Problem is this is regarding a dll that is going into a "variable" folder location, inside TEMP, so cannot add it to exceptions. I can't ignore it either, because it basically freezes everythig.
error.jpg

I have deactivated all other apps. When I also deactivate pTracker, there is no error. As soon as I activate it again, I get the above.
What am I not seeing please ? :) Ty.

Hi there. Thanks for the work you put into this useful app.

It has been a while since I have used it (before the installer was an exe :D), and now I get an error from Kaspersky. Problem is this is regarding a dll that is going into a "variable" folder location, inside TEMP, so cannot add it to exceptions. I can't ignore it either, because it basically freezes everythig.
View attachment 211023

I have deactivated all other apps. When I also deactivate pTracker, there is no error. As soon as I activate it again, I get the above.
What am I not seeing please ? :) Ty.
You are getting a false positive alert from your virus scanner. Please report this to your virus scanner vendor Kaspersky, nothing I can do about that.

Hi Neys, thanks for the reply. I can add only the dll to exceptions, but still I get the error at random times (because it seems to be searching for it in temp folder). Can I manually copy this dll somewhere (not in temp) so that it will be at a fixed location ? (and this way hopefully the exception rule will function properly)

Hi Neys, thanks for the reply. I can add only the dll to exceptions, but still I get the error at random times (because it seems to be searching for it in temp folder). Can I manually copy this dll somewhere (not in temp) so that it will be at a fixed location ? (and this way hopefully the exception rule will function properly)
I don't think so sorry. Ypu can try to use 7zip to unpack ptracker.exe and add the exception , but starting ptracker always unzips to a temp dir. You should contact kasperskY about this issue...

Hey man! Great app!
The issue I had is that on the inverted grid, the app will always show me 1st, already with 15, 16 or 17 laps (depending on the track, because it's a 25min race). The other positions and gaps are OK. I think MazyCZ had the same issue too.
In the first race, it's all good. This only happens in the inverted grid.
I'm in a league that uses inverted grid in all races, that's why I noticed it.

Hi Neys,

I love ptracker and have said so--loudly--in the reviews section. Lately, however, it seems to be faltering. After working perfectly on two separate systems, since the AC update to v1.15.2, pt v3.3.6 won't load: I get a red message that says to check my AV (McAffee, which has been in place for months w/o probs). I've temporarily disabled McAfee and registered an exception with Windows firewall, I've also updated to v3.4 exp and backdated to v3.219 (which used to work fine, for months). I'm attaching my log. If you can't tell me what's wrong, can you at least tell me how to uninstall pt. Thanks.

--Steve Smith

Attachments

• py_log.txt
    3.7 KB · Views: 766
Hi Neys,

I love ptracker and have said so--loudly--in the reviews section. Lately, however, it seems to be faltering. After working perfectly on two separate systems, since the AC update to v1.15.2, pt v3.3.6 won't load: I get a red message that says to check my AV (McAffee, which has been in place for months w/o probs). I've temporarily disabled McAfee and registered an exception with Windows firewall, I've also updated to v3.4 exp and backdated to v3.219 (which used to work fine, for months). I'm attaching my log. If you can't tell me what's wrong, can you at least tell me how to uninstall pt. Thanks.

--Steve Smith
Your av software probably prohibited correct i stallation of ptracker (ptracker.exe seems to be missing). Either reinstall with av disabled or report to your vendor, or uninstall by removong the durectory apps/python/ptracker

Greetings
Neys

Even when ptracker is properly installed in the dist folder, attempting to run it in the game changes it from pt's executable to a false executable...which leads back to the red screen of death. This happens whether or not the AV (McAffee) is disabled or not, and worse, cannot be uninstalled or deleted without Admin privileges I don't have. (The work-around: a file shredder.) Since none of these probs existed on my computer before (I have been running McAffee and pt together for many, many months in perfect harmony) and since so many other users have reported similar probs, I think maybe it's time to admit that the prob may be in the pt software, eh?

Virus scanners signatures change over time and ptracker did not change for a long time now. The log you have sent clearly indicates a problem with av software.

Anyhow if you find problems in ptracker you are warmly invited to submit patches to fix them :)

Even when ptracker is properly installed in the dist folder, attempting to run it in the game changes it from pt's executable to a false executable...which leads back to the red screen of death. This happens whether or not the AV (McAffee) is disabled or not, and worse, cannot be uninstalled or deleted without Admin privileges I don't have. (The work-around: a file shredder.) Since none of these probs existed on my computer before (I have been running McAffee and pt together for many, many months in perfect harmony) and since so many other users have reported similar probs, I think maybe it's time to admit that the prob may be in the pt software, eh?

Go to the Quarantine of your AV, restore the .exe and create an exception for the entire AssettoCorsa folder.
I don't have a problem with ptracker, but I had with another softwares and that did it.

I created exceptions for both McAffee and Windows firewall. I would have thought problems there would affect installing, not operating, but I'm not wedded to McAffee. Which AV pgms would you recommend, among AVG, Avira and Avast? Respectfully yours....

I created exceptions for both McAffee and Windows firewall. I would have thought problems there would affect installing, not operating, but I'm not wedded to McAffee. Which AV pgms would you recommend, among AVG, Avira and Avast? Respectfully yours....
I'm usimg avira here.

Hmm strange... McAfee is a little temperamental, though.
I use Avast.

Hello, first thanks for your work in this app, a much needed in AC.
But unfortunatelly i have a weird problem. I can install correctly, enable it in AC, but app icons do not show in apps bar ingame, so i can't launch it.
I tried everything in your faq (Ptracker doesn't work for some reason. What can I do?).
-I dont get the ptracker.exe deleted by security essentials, anyway i created an exception to allow it, same with firewall.
-i get (ptracker-server-dist returned -1) when double click the exe
-copied MSVCR100.dll to dist/ folder.
-removed files and installed again several times, but no luck,...don't know what else i can do.
Here are my logs, hope they can help , thanks in advance.

Attachments

• py_log.txt
    22.7 KB · Views: 386
  • ptracker-exe-stdout.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 434
Hello. I have a quite annoying problem with the app. I use Oculus, if that can affect the app, and the app is set in low fps mode. Whenever the server switches from qualifying session to race, the app is stuck for a long while, even half an hour before it gets back to work. Just to let you know., thanks

Hello, first thanks for your work in this app, a much needed in AC.
But unfortunatelly i have a weird problem. I can install correctly, enable it in AC, but app icons do not show in apps bar ingame, so i can't launch it.
I tried everything in your faq (Ptracker doesn't work for some reason. What can I do?).
-I dont get the ptracker.exe deleted by security essentials, anyway i created an exception to allow it, same with firewall.
-i get (ptracker-server-dist returned -1) when double click the exe
-copied MSVCR100.dll to dist/ folder.
-removed files and installed again several times, but no luck,...don't know what else i can do.
Here are my logs, hope they can help , thanks in advance.

This seems to be a very weird problem, it looks like this call is failing:
Code:
mimetypes.add_type("text/css", ".css", True)
with this error:
Code:
  File "mimetypes.py", line 255, in read_windows_registry
TypeError: OpenKey() argument 2 must be str without null characters or None, not str

I have no idea what could cause this, unfortunately

thank you for looking into this, ...its a shame is not working for me (who knows why :p ) , im participating in a championship that uses the app server side. Its weird because i dont have any problem with other apps , even telemetry (ACTI) is working fine.
Software gremlins lol . Thank you anyway for taking the time to look into this problem. I'll keep an eye in this thread just in case you have an idea of what else i could try to make it work ;)

You surely have a problem in your Python.... as I found on the web a similar problem after searching for this: "
OpenKey() argument 2 must be str without null characters or None, not str".

The reason of the problem was: keys with embedded nulls in their names ( a kind of Python bug as I may understand but I'm no expert in those PC matters ).

How to solve that seems difficult for a noob as it seems the problem is to be found in the Windows Registry.
If you're good at it: search with the same words as mine above and you'll find what you need in the search result with this title name:
I must be missing something obvious in installing Python 3.4.2

Clicking next message ... will lead you to the solution of this problem.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 260 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 170 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 169 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 126 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 231 13.7%