GT5 PSN Restoration Begins Now

Nick Caplin - Head of Communications said:
Thank you for your patience and encouragement over the last few weeks. As covered in the post from earlier today, you can now update the firmware on your PS3 and will be able to change your password when PSN services are restored in your country. Kazuo Hirai just announced that we have begun the phased restoration by region of some of the services, starting with online multiplayer functionality.

Please note that these services will take a bit of time to be turned on and rolled out to the whole region. The process has begun and some countries are being turned on now, so please be patient as we reach you.

In the meantime, now’s a great time to get your PS3′s firmware updated and change your password, both of which are required to get online.

Update: the phased restoration of certain PSN services has begun. We’ll let you know as each territory goes online via @PlayStationEU on twitter, at which point you will be able change your PSN password.

PlayStation Blog Europe

PlayStation Twitter Europe

As soon as multiplayer functionality and all of GT5's online features have been restored, new Club events will be posted. The Championship will follow shortly afterwards once we've confirmed that everything is working correctly.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Edit:

PSN Welcome Back Schemes:

Europe

North America

Edit:

Sony have released details of their identity theft protection programme for the UK, France, Spain, Italy and Germany.

Identity Theft Protection Programme

Just don't expect to be able to get on immediately. It's supposedly been up for a while now and I do indeed get prompted to change my password. However, every time I click ok all I get is:

An error has occurred. (80710D36)

It isn't over yet for some of us...

Edit:

The password change finally worked, and I'm logged in for the first time in 24 days. :)

Neither have I now that I'm in. The network did go down again for a while earlier though, at least for those trying to change their password.

I've just been playing GT5 in my lobby and aside from some strange texture issues that I've never seen before (probably not PSN related), all appears fine.

Free games EU will get:
You can choose two from five:
LittleBigPlanet
Infamous*
Wipeout HD/Fury
Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty
Dead Nation*

Except for German market:
For the German market, InFamous and Dead Nation will be replace with Super Stardust HD and Hustle Kings in the selection of PS3 games.

Sony need to be careful here. Comparing the EU and NA 'welcome back' schemes, there are obvious differences. The NA scheme is already sounding more generous, with the free rentals and free PSHome items. Personally, I couldn't care less because I'm satisfied with just having PSN back online. However, there are many people out there that will use this as yet another excuse to lay into Sony about unfair treatment.

Ooooops

Was watching tv last night and forgot what i saw on the news . this is what i saw.....

Games and Gear
Sony's hacked-to-pieces PlayStation Network is on the chopping block yet again -- the mandatory PSN password reset system can be used to take control of user accounts, it seems, using information that hackers have already stolen.
Sony forced users to change their passwords before they could use the PlayStation Network again, but changing a password only requires a PSN account email address and the user's date of birth -- both of which were pinched in the massive personal data theft back in April.
Sony's already taken the password reset page offline, replacing it with a site maintenance notice.
In a statement, Sony said, "Unfortunately this also means that those who are still trying to change their password via PlayStation.com or Qriocity.com will be unable to do so for the time being. This is due to essential maintenance and at present it is unclear how long this will take."
The issue doesn't affect PSN on consoles, so if you've already changed your password you'll still be able to play games online.
When users change their passwords they should have been sent an email with a confirmation link. But we've seen reports, such as this one on the Neogaf forum, that allege ne'er-do-well hackers have been able to exploit the password reset page so that the password is changed without the owner of the email account clicking that confirmation link. We expect more details will emerge shortly.
This is enormously embarrassing for Sony, which is desperate to convince users it's serious about security in the wake of the massive data theft.
Stick your thoughts and facepalms in the comments, or on our Facebook wall.

Yeah, read that too but there has been nothing official and no services taken offline. Probably a minor hack in a lame attempt to get their name in the news. That's why most of them do it after all, not for the so-called 'noble causes' they'd have you believe.

Its down again

logo.jpg

Site Maintenance Notice
The server is currently down for maintenance.
We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later.

メンテナンスのお知らせ
現在、サーバーのメンテナンス中です。
大変申し訳ございませんが、しばらくしてから再度接続してください。​

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back