• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

PS4 | S9 F1 2017 Round 2: Chinese Grand Prix [10/10/2017 @ 8PM UK]

Discussion in 'PS4 | F1 2017 Championship' started by Milos, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Mitchell

2. Cas

3. Mikey

4. Martijn

5. Milos

6. Tom

7. Harry

8. Guy

9. Andrew

10. Sean

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Milos

Milos
    Had things gone my way, who knows..

Ratings:
    +5,147
    [​IMG]
    Race Department - F1 2016 - Weekday Championship | Season 9
    Round 2: - Tuesday - 10/10/2017 - 20:00 BST
    Drivers' World Championship Leader:
    Shellay

Constructors' World Championship Leader: Williams
    FIA Pole Trophy: Shellay(1)
    DHL Fastest Lap Award: Guy(1)

Host: Jerry Moorrees (Roimata_)
    Backup Host: Thomas Glen (TomAJ91)

Post Australian Race Interview with Wooly51

Q - So, after the first race of the season, how do you feel?

Hello, yeah I feel good. You would probably expect me to be here today feeling a little bit annoyed, sad etc but actually I'm okay with that result considering how the testing started earlier in the week and of course how the race started.

Q- You mention how the race started, how disappointing was that to have yourself on the backfoot?
    Funnily enough, I was on the backfoot as soon as I entered qualifying. The team worked really hard in the few days leading up to the event to sort some lingering troubles I had with the rear of the car in testing. I hadn't been able to have any substantial running prior to qualifying and although ultimately I was much happier with the car the lack of running, combined with a slightly rude McLaren on my second run, meant I started back there. The rest, of course, is history.

Q - You say it's history, but how exactly do you bounce back during a race once that sort of thing happens
    It's difficult, I'm not going to pretend that it gets any easier as the years go past to have that happen so early. The positive is that when it does you have the whole race to get back and I feel I did a good, solid job of it. It was quite interesting from an experienced perspective to come up behind drivers that perhaps I'm not used to racing and with the new spec to have to overtake them. Perhaps that's going to be of benefit to have had that experience of being in heavy traffic when some of my competition hasn't done so yet. The important thing is to keep calm though, you can't change what has just happened, your only focus needs to be on making the best of it.

Q - There were some quite disingenuous critics of Red Bull's decision to retain Guy McLennan alongside you for this season after what many saw as a disappointing campaign last year. What are your thoughts?
    Well, obviously first of all, Guy is here on merit. He wouldn't have had the trust of the team if that wasn't the case. Personally, I think we saw a really big increase in the performance level of Guy over the course of last season and of course I am happy to see him maintaining that in Australia. Obviously the result will not be what he wanted but we both got points as a team and I am sure that Guy will want to push on and show everyone, not least the team, what he is capable of.

Q - Australia's been and gone, we now move towards China for round two. What are your expectations?

I think as a team we should be targeting a double points finish. I believe that, if we can keep a good stable setup then there is also the possibility of a podium for one of us. There are so many variables in China that it's very difficult to go in knowing what to expect, especially with the weather. We also saw in Australia that this season it is much harder to follow and pass, and that puts greater emphasis on qualifying high which unfortunately is a bad thing for me. Who doesn't like a good challenge though, right?

Q - Finally, there were some good performances throughout the grid in Australia, who caught your eye?

Everyone expected Shellay to be fast, I'm not sure if they expected that sort of pace though. He drove a great race. Elsewhere, obviously Tom put in a fantastic performance and will have raised some eyebrows with the sort of pace and consistency he showed. And finally, Mitchell, I know the guy has speed but we weren't ready for him to be that competitive and we need to up our game.

If you cannot attend
    If you cannot attend this event, please post in the thread to allow us suitable time to organise replacements. If you do not attend and do not inform us then you will be given an attendance strike. 3 strikes and you are demoted from a full time drive to reserve or requested to not attend further events.

Reserve Drivers
    If you are a reserve driver and you want to take part, please do let us know.

Informed Absentees:
    Michael Fleming - Harry Green will reserve this week

Questions to drivers:
    To everyone: The first race was a cracker - did you enjoy how it went?

To everyone: Now that you know everyone's real pace, where do you hope/expect to be in the championship?

To everyone: Did you enjoy the stream?

Everyone predict your:
    Pole sitter and time (so Klay doesn't need to ask :p)-
    1st-
    2nd-
    3rd-
    11th-

To Shellay: A good overtake sees you take the first race win, and Williams take the championship lead. However, you did not serve your duties as the number 2 driver. Are you going to be more helpful in Bahrain? :)

To Mitchell: Shellay made a great race winning overtake on you, but how did he end up in such a position, what went wrong in that moment?

Thanks to Jerry for the banner!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  2. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford
    PS4 GP Lead Co-Ordinator Premium

Ratings:
    +1,031
    I definitely didn't set the fastest lap in Australia

3. Milos

Milos

Ratings:
    +5,147
    True, I shouldn't have put it there out of memory lol. I think it's okay now?

4. GuytheGuy17

GuytheGuy17

Ratings:
    +14
    I thought I got it

5. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,350
    Identity crisis in the red bull camp!!

6. TomAJ91

TomAJ91

Ratings:
    +21
    Guy got the fastest lap Im sure!

7. Sean van Belkom

Sean van Belkom

Ratings:
    +35
    He did. Just a tenth quicker then me:mad::roflmao:

• Wow Wow x 1
  8. Milos

Milos

Ratings:
    +5,147
    Next time, you're putting in the fastest lap @Andrew Wood :roflmao:

9. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford
    PS4 GP Lead Co-Ordinator Premium

Ratings:
    +1,031
    You also kept it at round 1. Hence the ''Last edited by moderator'' at the bottom.. ha

10. Milos

Milos

Ratings:
    +5,147
    Okay next time I'll just wait until after my exam :redface:

11. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,350
    Hello,

I understand that next Tuesday is the ESports race in London, however, I can confirm that we WILL be racing next Tuesday.

I apologize if there is any inconvenience regarding this, but we have already delayed the start of the league by one week, and in order for us to maintain our schedule and still have the break weeks throughout the season, we need to start garnering some momentum here.

If anyone is aware of the ESports racing schedule for next week, perhaps we can try to schedule the race slightly earlier if everyone is onboard. If anyone has some light to shed on this, please advise.

12. swillisam

swillisam

Ratings:
    +2
    I can't be a reserve this Tuesday but I should be free for every race after that :)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Milos

Milos

Ratings:
    +5,147
    I put a picture in our chat yesterday. Came directly from BigC

Btw, if there is no delay for the race, I will miss China to watch esports

14. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,350
    Umm ... are you sure?

15. Shly38

Shly38

Ratings:
    +65
    RIP Williams' championship hopes

• Haha Haha x 1
  16. TomAJ91

TomAJ91

Ratings:
    +21
    The league, timings and dates have already changed around, I personally think its a good idea to just crack on with the season now.

Just me putting my nose where I shouldn't (again). RBOS If you're partly coordinating this season shouldn't you be taking part instead of missing it to watch something you probably look up on a replay?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Martijn Boontje

Martijn Boontje

Ratings:
    +268
    I am against starting earlier. Have to work and still need some time to properly eat after that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,350
    What's more important - racing or eating?

• Haha Haha x 1
  19. Martijn Boontje

Martijn Boontje

Ratings:
    +268
    I don't want a hungry girlfriend, believe me.

• Haha Haha x 8
  20. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,350
    Her place is in the kitchen anyway :rolleyes:

• Wow Wow x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Angry Angry x 1