• "My mind is always racing." - Justin Bieber
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

PS4 GP Season 9 : Media Thread

Discussion in 'PS4 | F1 2017 Championship' started by Andrew Wood, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,349
    This thread will be used for drivers to post up their race edits, as well as thread that the top 5 finishers will utilize to allow the stewards to check for racing line usage.

After the race on Tuesday night, you will have 48 hrs (Thursday night) to put your qualifying and race video in this thread so the stewards can check out your race. We are doing this to crack down on the use of assists from the top users of the league and level out the playing field across RaceDepartment as it is believed that the racing line in particular is too much of an assist.

You do not need to provide your video from start to finish, but it must include your hot lap from qualifying as well as highlights from your race to show us what assists you are using.
    If you simply want to paste the entire raw footage up on here, that is acceptable.
    If you want to just stream the race and post a link to your stream up here that is also acceptable.

Mike Woolford (wooly51)

Youtube - wooly51
    PSN - wooly51
    Twitter - wooly51
    Twitch - wooly51

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  2. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,349
    I have opened this thread now. Sorry, should have opened it before if anyone wanted to post any clips / edits from the two past races we did.

3. Milos

Milos
    Had things gone my way, who knows..

Ratings:
    +5,146
    I could have posted it before, so thanks for the reminder :laugh:
    stream:

4. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford
    PS4 GP Lead Co-Ordinator Premium

Ratings:
    +1,031
    Throughout time, I'll be putting the media location of our drivers in this thread too. I've added mine as a template.

5. Jerry Moorrees

Jerry Moorrees

Ratings:
    +91
    how is that possible driving in eachother? 54 min in the video.....

6. Milos

Milos

Ratings:
    +5,146
    Because the game is broken lol

• Haha Haha x 2
  7. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,349
    OP has been updated with specific rules for the top 5 finishers video requirements.

8. TomAJ91

TomAJ91

Ratings:
    +21
    I had RL on, I had no idea I'd come 4th tbh... I QF'd in 10th so I either have much better race pace than qualifying pace but I'll put it down to luck.

What do I do now?

9. Shly38

Shly38

Ratings:
    +65

10. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford
    PS4 GP Lead Co-Ordinator Premium

Ratings:
    +1,031
    You keep up that race pace and then once confident you turn the line off. I've seen many reports of people terrified to turn it off, only to really enjoy it and find out that they didn't really need it at all.

As Jamie said in stream. 'Tom, how the hell did he get up there.'' But you stayed there, and comfortably.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Milos

Milos

Ratings:
    +5,146
    You're fine right now, but if you keep scoring 4th places you'll have to turn it off.
    The rule was made so that the consistent front runners would turn it off, so the guys further down the grid who get the odd good result shouldn't worry about it, unless they get much faster.

In your case, judging from the evaluation race, I think you did get much faster, so you should probably start thinking about turning it off at some point in the future :)

12. TomAJ91

TomAJ91

Ratings:
    +21
    Ok, regardless of what happens next race I'll practice with it off and aim to have it off by mid-season, that is of course if I stay high enough up the grid.

China is my absolute worst track in the entire calendar so if I do well there I'll know its time to get rid of it.

13. Shly38

Shly38

Ratings:
    +65

I believe that is all I need to post.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jerry Moorrees

Jerry Moorrees

Ratings:
    +91
    Tom dont get me wrong but, i was kinda expecting this to happen some where in the season looking at your TT times and the evaluation race, since i kinda compare you with me the 2 last seasons.

i want to take you with me in my story of Racedepartment S7, S8 and current S9 :D

F1 2016 was my first racing game i played league racing. Examples:
    Season 7 of RD i got my first podium (P3) in the last race of the season
    Season 8 if i finished and not got tangeled in a crash :( i finished in the points (top 5 - 7), i even had a pole position that season at canada, but that was all with the race-line on, all other assists where off.

The reason i am so eager to have it turned off is that i want to be as consitent and also as quick or maybe faster with everything off. From what i can tell you now that there is allot to learn if you just starting league racing, i think i kept the race-line on to long so i really have to adapt now, the green and red colors where my focus , but now i need to make my own break- turn and throttle points and also when fighting people it's way different then with the line on. I know also that it's fun and nice to score points and fight with drivers from the top 5, but and i qoute what mitchel @raimith said to me when i got that pole at canada and fighting him and andrew and finished P5 : "turn your assist off and see then what your race-pace is compare to people having everything off", well that got to me and my goal for the current season is dont DNF more than twice and finish the season with all assists off on all tracks.

I also know that you have not only 1 assist on you use both allowed assist and you told me that you where 0.600 slower with manual gearing , if i where you i would turn that assist (automatic gearing) off this season and maybe next season or when you feel confident enough you turn the line off.

automatic gearing i think will make you actually slower by default in the game, so i think you could be even faster when you get used to it. i hope you understand what i am trying to say.

so what mitchel said to me i am also going to say to you:

when you feel confident enough turn your assist off and see then what your race-pace is compare to people having everything off.

hope to fight with you again like last season :) but then both with no assists on :)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Sean van Belkom

Sean van Belkom

Ratings:
    +35
    I didnt have my video fron quali but i have my race video i upload it later

16. TomAJ91

TomAJ91

Ratings:
    +21
    Guys, dont get me wrong here..

Im not against turning anything off, I'm more than happy to start trying to race with it off. Last season was my first ever racing league season, and the first time I'd played any F1 game with assists off, before that I had TC and ABS.

I dont want anyone to be sour with me with for using the racing line as again, it is my second ever season. I will do my best to make sure that line is turned off at some point during the season.

My first mission was to be somewhat competitive with no ABS and TC. I feel I've somewhat reached that, my next goal is to turn off the next thing. Either RL or gears.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,349
    So, per the latest rules, I need videos from the following people :

1) Michael - already provided
    2) Mitchell
    3) Sean
    4) Tom - already stated he has used RL, so not required, but could post if you have it
    5) Cas

18. Sean van Belkom

Sean van Belkom

Ratings:
    +35
    Will upload it later

19. Sean van Belkom

Sean van Belkom

Ratings:
    +35
    Only have the race btw

20. Sean van Belkom