1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

PS4 (DRIVECLUB) or XBOX ONE (Forza Horizon 2)?

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Youssef Karam, Sep 13, 2014.

1. After reading about car that are about to get released on both DRIVECLUB and Forza Horizon 2, it got me thinking about getting a console that supports any of those, but I'm going to choose what console to buy after finding out which game will be better. So I would like to use your help guys. Of course, it goes without saying that the better game would be the one that has the better physics and gameplay (of course any of those wouldn't get to the level of awesomeness of Assetto Corsa, but the closest to it would be better). I would like the one that would be the closest to reality (unlike arcade racing games : NFS, etc.). Thanks!
    **EDIT**
    Of course, I need it to support the Logitech G27

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  2. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

Do you need a console? If you play your racing games on pc then anything on console will look nice but doesn't come close to physics imo. If you're set on a console then they both look good and forza 2 is established but Driveclub also looks good. Maybe wait for some reviews to see what others are making of them.

3. Driveclub.

4. Both for me. And I'll be getting The Crew and Project CARS for PC too. I actually thought The Crew beta was better than I expected it to be. Felt like a modern NFS game with proper wheel support.

5. Depends om what console will be supported by the CSWv2.

I hope it's the XB1 with Forza Horizon 2

6. Driveclub lighting model and graphics look way better to me. Horizon 2 still has that slightly odd Forza sheen.

The draw distances in some Driveclub videos are just mind boggling....

7. I may get a new console (I have the PS3). And yes of course I play on PC, PC was made for simulation.

8. Two totally different games though. Its apples and oranges really, I'm just hoping both are fun to play.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. The Horizon 2 Demo is out now on XB1 and its glorious.

10. eSEA One

eSEA One
    eSEA One Premium Member

If you don't really need a console there is the Project CARS and it Arcade sibling World Of Speed that you might want to wait for on the PC

11. So far none of the consoles support the G27.

I would really like to know which one you went with because I am also asking myself the same question

12. Xbone support confirmed, they are working on PS4 support and have mentioned that a statement will be made by the end of this year, but we know nothing more atm.
    Personally I'd get the Xbone, but I'm biased, I prefer Forza to GT and I've ordered a CSW v2 so I know I'm covered with support.

13. Already bought the XB1 and played A LOT of Forza Horizon 2.

Really love the game. I have put the single player campaign on hold untill i have the XB1 wheel for my CSWv2. There over 700 championships to compete in.

Horizon 2 is REALLY gonna rock with a complete Fanatec kit.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I have both FH2 and Driveclub and both are good games but different. FH2 is the better overall game in my opinion and has more content. Driveclub is still working through its online issues since it launched last week but its getting better.

15. Connor Caple

Connor Caple
    Slowest Racer in Town...

Still no G25/27 support on either 'Nextgen' console.

I gave up and bought a new PC this week instead. :rolleyes:

16. You're not going to get next gen support from Logitech. Honestly, I believe Logitech is ready to get out of the wheel business, they're just allowing their wheel support to die slowly through attrition.