F1 2010 PS3 Sao Paulo driving tips

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I've got the car set up recommendations, but can't see any advice on laps at IL (or anywhere). Surely someone out there has put in gears & optimum speed, braking points, etc for each lap, a link anyone please?

Ps - I am at 1.08.2 Cottie70 on PS3 and desperately trying to beat a lap 8/10ths quicker by a pal. Time trial is getting more air time in my house than races at the moment!

Cheers.

Yes mate I've got the set up (which is almost bang on the engineer's very dry set up) but I am looking for tips on the corners essentiall. I've got the first 2 corners sorted, but 3 and the double right hander can be taken in lots of ways and I am wondering if there are any tips on here for that.

Ps - is manual a lot quicker? I confess to still having my stabilisers on when it comes to gears still! too old for this many buttons!

Cheers guys chasing the World Record and my pal but without brake lights it's impossible to get detail but on board is an excellent shout - telemetry for 2011 surely?!

I assumed manual was much quicker does don't have the energy to look after another 2 buttons.... :)

I can give you some tips. However, since patch I havent done TT anymore. After patch, cars go a bit faster. (before patch I did a 105.0)

-1st turn brake just before 100 sign and downshift very fast to 2nd, also steer very early to the left so you got the inside of the curb. The key here is to keep the car as left (inside) as possible, to immediately take the next corner to the right full throttle over the curb.
-after 1st straight a little before 100 brake hard to 3rd gear and when you are in immediately go on throttle to 4th gear. A lot of time can be won here on exit speed.
-Then when you approach the fast corner to right just before 50m release throttle shift to 5gear, steer as hard and fast to the right so that you go a bit over the curb andas soon as you are on the inside full throttle through the corner. Brake early and hard for the next in 2nd gear, go a bit over the curb if you can to 3rd gear.
-Keep the car in 3rd gear throught lefthand corner and with some practise you might notice that you can go full throttle very early in the left hand corner.
-The next one the the right is not difficult, but is important to not take that corner wide. 2nd should do but you can immediately shift to 3rd on exit.
-The last lefthand corner you should take in 3rd gear and brake before 100 (I think). Brake hard but release it very soon to maintain a relative good speed through corner and go as soon as possible on the throttle. Here, much time can be won or lost. When you do it right, you can hear it because the reffs in 3rd gear are not too low or even low.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back