proTyres

Apps proTyres 2.0.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
it sure does, and there is an difference between race and street tyres, see previous post #25

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/protyres.132204/page-2#post-2425476
98D1AAEA510C723D007A794922D4584B34DC9A5A

Make sure you have this structure and that the sim_info.py have this date and also all letters the same (small/big)

ptsimerr.png

This error should be the same for all cars, correct?

It is not finding a shared memory reference, you could also try this sim_info.py (but should not affect anything)
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnKVrRJNf1IfhMwbsk1jD7NZE3EXYA

Otherwise, zip all files in log folder after exiting session, maybe it is possible to see why sim_info not loading correct.

it looks ok but same time something is going wrong, maybe there is an conflict with some other app.
the sim_info.py code is the same as in many other apps so that is normally not any problem,
the line from console is the first access to the shared memory.

i have changed the init of the ctypes in protyres.py file below, maybe it's related to your OS installation?
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnKVrRJNf1IfhOchYJqwXn-i6D926g
(same as sidekick, that seems to work on your printscreen)

if this make no difference, could you try untick all other apps in config and try again.
if you try another car, the error is the same?
you running AC in 64bit mode?

if it fails, please attach log.txt as well, if there any error during loading the app, it will be in that file.
(so far 1 of almost 1000 installs have this problem so it not so easy to find)

Last edited:
it looks ok but same time something is going wrong, maybe there is an conflict with some other app.
the sim_info.py code is the same as in many other apps so that is normally not any problem,
the line from console is the first access to the shared memory.

i have changed the init of the ctypes in protyres.py file below, maybe it's related to your OS installation?
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnKVrRJNf1IfhOchYJqwXn-i6D926g
(same as sidekick, that seems to work on your printscreen)

if this make no difference, could you try untick all other apps in config and try again.
if you try another car, the error is the same?
you running AC in 64bit mode?

if it fails, please attach log.txt as well, if there any error during loading the app, it will be in that file.
(so far 1 of almost 1000 installs have this problem so it not so easy to find)

The problem is that the app doesn't work particulary with this mod, on all the other cars the app is working.
https://1drv.ms/t/s!AiD-XATv-ReihDe_OdDx1mUfLyRv
https://1drv.ms/t/s!AiD-XATv-ReigzfR69J0gFp5HcuC

in this case you need to copy the sauber ini&lut pack to a new folder and rename it 'mercedes_2017'
(if all team variants use the same compounds)

proTyres: Using folder 'content/cars/mercedes_2017/data/'
proTyres: ERROR content/cars/mercedes_2017/data/tyres.ini
proTyres: ERROR ini file does not exist in any of the expected folders (mercedes_2017)

please try to add & rename a copy of the sauber ini & lut pack in the 'car_mod' folder

There is actually some error in log.txt, i'll look into what cause that
but they do not stop the app from working since I have them in my log as well.

in this case you need to copy the sauber ini&lut pack to a new folder and rename it 'mercedes_2017'
(if all team variants use the same compounds)

proTyres: Using folder 'content/cars/mercedes_2017/data/'
proTyres: ERROR content/cars/mercedes_2017/data/tyres.ini
proTyres: ERROR ini file does not exist in any of the expected folders (mercedes_2017)

please try to add & rename a copy of the sauber ini & lut pack in the 'car_mod' folder

There is actually some error in log.txt, i'll look into what cause that
but they do not stop the app from working since I have them in my log as well.
I loaded mercedes just to see if it's something related only to sauber, but it doesn't makes any difference...

ok, very strange since the sauber works fine here, i'm working on finding the loading error, maybe they could cause the problem on some installs even if it dosen't seem to affect anything vital. I'll send it to you when done and we take it from there.

I loaded mercedes just to see if it's something related only to sauber, but it doesn't makes any difference...

I sent you an message with an corrected version that has no errors during loading of app. Please try and if still not working I would like to see the log.txt and py_log.txt files.

I have now tried the car on my 2nd computer as well, it should not be an problem with this car.

sauber.png

Last edited:
Jens Roos updated proTyres with a new update entry:

Stability fixes and a few new options

v1.2.0 170424
- optional black & white color mode for buttons
- optionally bound pressure offsets from ideal target to current track (still temp based)
- optional fallback is now Temp (False), TempOnly (True), Track, TrackTemp or TrackOnly
- fix when changing compounds, sometimes wrong offset was selected
- fix when selecting compound quick back to previous, selection could get stuck on 'n/a'
- fix for some mod cars compounds not reaching 100% wear, delaying the newtyre overlay...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi, some "complaied" about the design and you wrote you welcome suggestions. So, maybe if you coudl round the edges of the tyre boxes (like the official app), could help. Maybe thats possible. But I like it as it is :)

Hi, I have thought of that and also got that as an suggestion but the "problem" is that the graphic tool set is limited to line, rectangle and triangle. So for rounded corners you have to split the drawing to several commands.

But the app is close to first road map regarding functions, when that is done and stable I will see what could be done visual without affecting performance to much.

Jens Roos updated proTyres with a new update entry:

Fixes for eol behavior

1.2.1 170501
- fix when standing long time in pit or long countdown before race, newtyre could sometimes be reset
- fix when session (usually race) is started on track, position of pitbox is saved if entered later during session or by jump from menu

Above fixes corrects eol behavior, estimate of tyre life could otherwise sometimes be (more or less) wrong.

Install package have no INI files so no personal settings are overwritten, there is also an patch 7z archive inside for...

Read the rest of this update entry...

ProTyres does not currently display any values. I have deleted everything more times and also old versions installed.

What am I doing wrong

ProTyres does not currently display any values. I have deleted everything more times and also old versions installed.

What am I doing wrong

hi papifix, please use latest version and attach info.txt and py_log.txt and I look into it
save the files before you start a new session since they are then reset

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back