proTyres

Apps proTyres 2.0.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
If you are a user of one of the following mod cars

United Racing Design
Formula Pack Assetto Corsa V1.1
Mercedes-Benz CLR LM v.0.95
PX V.0098​

These cars seems to have wrong settings in tyres.ini, so even with an fixed setup it will not load
correct since the option name is wrong (from log during loading of car into AC session):
LOADING TYRE COMPOUND LMP Hard ()
ERROR: INIReader: content/cars/urd_px1_darche/data/tyres.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [REAR_2]

(they have named the option "SHORTNAME" instead of "SHORT_NAME"

These are paid mods so please contact the author if you want them to fix it to their next release.
(you could also tip them about the home key, error should be visible in console as well)

For lot of other mod cars you can find setups (and fixed ones) thanks to B-RIDDICK at the AC forum
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B2P8YTKOyGSLR1J5OXBqU0RvMk0?usp=sharing

Thank you,
You have to write "Plain" with a large scrapping letter, then get it. The font does not have to be changed for VR, sorry for my misinformation.

Great software

Thank you, so the setting used for vr is:

background=Plain

No need to use any other font?
(then i can update recomendation for vr users)

Jens Roos updated proTyres with a new update entry:

New option for marker and some fixes

1.0.5 2017-03-16
- wear and eol bar marker has seperate option

- optional color mode for wear and eol marker
- new tyre detection tweaked for slicks/street conditions
- tyre compound with no initial scrub cycle (street) shows as new until wear starts
- fix for detect new tyres when enter pit-box
- fix for detect new street tyres during pit-stop
(at least one tyre must not be new to detect change of street tyres during pit-stop,...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Do you wonder if your tyre compound is consider race or street regarding the limit, that any tyre change with an street tyre, at least one of the tyre must have lost their "new tyre status", here is the explanation:

Any tyre compound that has no wear (needs no scrub to get 100 grip), i.e it has 100.0% wear status in debug window directly after start, would be an "street" tyre, or if you not using the masked wear option, the wear bar is at top directly when leaving pit.

In general, all non race cars street tyres have this behavior, since pit and tyre info is a bit limited in the interface street tyre must have this limited functionality during pit-stop, you may of course change the tyre but it wont be detected by the app.

Race tyre change, changing compound for both race and street (even during an ordinary pit-stop), select "return to pit" from the menu or changed session is not affected by above limitation and should be detected by the app.

Last edited:
Hi Jens,
congratulation for your nice app, really useful!

EDIT: I reported a false issue and deleted it. It works perfectly with all the tyres compound of the 919 Hybrid 2016, when changing tyre compound it start labelling n/a but then after some seconds it works as charm. :redface:

Last edited:
Hi Glaurung,
Great :)

yes, there is an 2-3s delay after you have selected an compound
(that so it doesn't read all the files when you browse thru the compounds in pit/garage)

This is also true if you change compound during an pitstop

Last edited:
Hi Jens, just to be sure, does the latest update only add the data for the 787B, Miata NA and RSR or are the updated tires for Lotus 72D and Ferrari 312 also included?

Hi schnipp, 1.0.6 install includes a completly new extract of all availible AC 1.13 cars so they are included, and any undocumented changes as well.

I will later today verify if there any changes in 1.13.1

Hi Glaurung,
Great :)

yes, there is an 2-3s delay after you have selected an compound
(that so it doesn't read all the files when you browse thru the compounds in pit/garage)

This is also true if you change compound during an pitstop
Awesome job, I use it in place of the official tyre app, because protyres is more informative.
Keep with this good work! :thumbsup:

i changed to 7zip since only 1/4 of the size and also takes rar files, and top of that, open source freeware
normaly i just use windows zip, but many skins/mods/tracks etc uses rar or 7z so still need one of them

davemester, inbox me and I link you a zip, but take a look at 7zip, better than winrar
(unless you want to create rar files)

thank you Mitja, you can change the size with the scaling option in the ini file up to x3 its original size
you only have to do this once, normally the ini files is not overwritten when the app is updated

I found it yes.
One more thing, would be good to have all 3 temps in numbers (inner, middle and outer). I know you are limited with space, but would be fine to have it. Think about it, how you would pull off.

please post you ini setting and explain what you trying to do (if not obvious)
(i only shows extra info, the '^' toggles thru modes, session presets is done with ini cfg)

I found out that I can change the config file which layout to start with in every session (I set to Extend to all).
That seems fine.
I only cannot choose the "Optional info" to be started automatically. Would be cool to have an option in that config file for that too. Would love to have it turned on always (now I always have to press that button to show the optional info).
thx and I hope you understand now (before I wrote in a hurry).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 292 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 198 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 259 13.5%